The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

3 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well Jeff, they're not an EXACT match to the postwar Lanc pipes, are they?

But they're a bunch closer than the kit parts, aren't they?   And I think they'll work.

No , probably not, but they are on a 2 stage Merlin..................

http://www.lancaster-archive.com/lanc_main_page.htm

Might be some drawings here, there seems to be a LOT of info to digest here, not sure if you know about this site or not, but it may be worth a quick scan....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Jeff, I was looking at those pics, and the large exhausts are definitely on those. Also, check out the fuselage side scoop. It looks like Mike nailed the look perfectly with his 3D printing.

Yeah, I agree, I think Mike nailed it too...... your kit will look really good with his goodies on it......

• Like 3

• Administrators
Just now, Jeff said:

Yeah, I agree, I think Mike nailed it too...... your kit will look really good with his goodies on it......

I'm super excited, actually.   I'm rigging up my dual control system now.  I love this stuff.

• Like 3

I think you are going to fine these pretty damn nice! The stubs on a few of these prints retained their being hollow down the full length of the part- as such they’re extremely delicate but I think they’re gonna look superb once painted. Woo!!!

734B2775-D7AF-4181-80EA-4959DC429A05.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, seiran01 said:

I think you are going to fine these pretty damn nice! The stubs on a few of these prints retained their being hollow down the full length of the part- as such they’re extremely delicate but I think they’re gonna look superb once painted. Woo!!!

734B2775-D7AF-4181-80EA-4959DC429A05.jpeg

So impressed.....

• Like 6

Ernie

Just finished catching up and as always am thoroughly enjoying each update, all the posts and comments from the gang. Following and learning from your progress is a treat but your build threads go way beyond ‘what I’ve done’, as the work progresses it becomes an adventure we all are sharing together. 

Fantastic work my friend, just stellar.

The discussion of traffic was kicked around and I couldn’t agree more. Afterall,   I live on long Island (New York) and our traffic is world famous. Cram as many millions of people onto the island, plunked adjacent to the east side of NYC and we’re talking traffic! Oh what a joy going anywhere at the speed of a snail, which becomes going no where fast!

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 6

• Administrators

Thanks for that, Peter.  I like my build thread to be "far ranging".  For me, it's like I'm sitting around with friends chatting while we build..

I'm looking forward to showing some serious progress on this.  In a day or so, I expect.

• Like 5

• Administrators

So, the dual controls were added for extended over water patrols. They were just kind of jigger rigged into place, and the rudder pedals had to move enough to allow passengers into the nose section. The copilot seat was a fold out affair that’s actually included in the kit, believe it or not. I obtained some extra parts and installed the pedals. They were installed at odd angles and I’d hate to see the actual rigging and jiggering that went on behind the panel.

just mocked up...

aaaand my ham hands wiped out the left side levers  CPAP!

008A1AD9-A63E-4023-A903-B2736C60B7B5.jpeg

• Like 10