The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

44 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

As long as you have the proper grit beaver tails, you're good, then you just need to buff it up with a fresh baby seal fur and Justin's your uncle :)

Martin................ you're too funny !!  BUT "Uncle Justy"???:X:                  :rofl::rofl:

• Like 3

Just now, Martinnfb said:

I know , cutting too deep here :) LOL sorry

No, No, just too funny, I NEVER would have thought of that...... you are a fast thinker..... way faster than I could ever be..... hilarious, gave me my Saturday morning chuckle !!:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Jeff

Looking Good !!!

You seem to have achieved a smooth transition of the engine nacelles to the leading edge of the main wings  . . .  did they give you any bother ??

Perfect camou scheme applied, have you covered over the fuselage windows or did your chosen kite not have any ??

David

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FME erk said:

Jeff

Looking Good !!!

You seem to have achieved a smooth transition of the engine nacelles to the leading edge of the main wings  . . .  did they give you any bother ??

Perfect camou scheme applied, have you covered over the fuselage windows or did your chosen kite not have any ??

David

Thanks! I do have to say the nacelle area took a little work, mainly when joining them with the wing, WIndows are all masked still as there is still a little more airbrushing to do.

• Like 6

• Administrators

Received my 3D printed parts from Mike.

1. Bomb Bay fuel tank.

2. Rear observation windows

3. Late open style wide mouth postwar exhausts.

Now we’re running....  polishing and fitting the windows tonight. My fingers smell like Crest toothpaste.  Shimmed them to perfectly fit the openings. 3D printing these windows probably was not the best way to represent these, but Mike and I are experimenting and I’m going to showcase everything that he creates.  

The fuel tank and exhausts are little works of art.  And actually, the bit of pattern the printer leaves on the parts looks right at home on the fuel tank. A skim of sanding to take the edges off and it looks like rolled and pressed sheet metal. 

• Like 7

• Administrators

So here’s the fuel tank. It was printed in two halves just to make it easier to print.   Mike put a flat plate on one side to aid mounting.  I’ll make some steel straps, a sump with pickup and a fuel line, and presto, I stand Maritime Patrol long range Lanc.

In the rearof the bay, maybe some life rafts, depth charges, or 500lb general purpose bombs.  We’ll see.

FC52087C-4767-4C23-8A1F-DC6022D7BE26.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

In the rearof the bay, maybe some life rafts, depth charges, or 500lb general purpose bombs.  We’ll see.

FC52087C-4767-4C23-8A1F-DC6022D7BE26.jpeg

Awesome!  Don't forget the griddle for pancakes and the stainless steel maple syrup tank.  They are Canadians, you know.  And a case of Molson...

Gaz

• Like 5

• Administrators
5 hours ago, FME erk said:

Those 3D prints are the future . . . 

Looking forward to seeing them installed 

Exactly.  It’s a type of odd plastic with a strange feel to it, but it sands well and after a wipe, holds primer nicely.  I’m not sure how to treat it, so I treat it like resin.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FME erk said:

Those 3D prints are the future . . . 

Looking forward to seeing them installed 

I totally agree, BUT is the 'future' ...................... Now??  This is incredible technology.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Those parts look fantastic.

Ernie, do you know if Mike will be selling these as a conversion set for others? 

I'd be very interested in getting them if so.

Carl

Thanks Carl and others.

I’ve certainly considered selling the parts but there are a number of moving pieces with this including whether or not I provide these to someone else to sell (either printing the parts or casting with using my parts as masters). I’ll be sure to let y’all know when I know what direction I’m taking.

In my head right now to design are Lanc Mk.II nacelles/engines, a Lincoln conversion, and continuing to develop parts for Mosquitos (tse tse, anyone?). If all goes to plan, bigger things to come!

• Like 7

• Administrators
5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Awesome!  Don't forget the griddle for pancakes and the stainless steel maple syrup tank.  They are Canadians, you know.  And a case of Molson...

Gaz

Maple syrup, dropped en masse on to the ocean, will gum up the cooling inlets of enemy shipping. What a brilliant idea!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Thanks Carl and others.

I’ve certainly considered selling the parts but there are a number of moving pieces with this including whether or not I provide these to someone else to sell (either printing the parts or casting with using my parts as masters). I’ll be sure to let y’all know when I know what direction I’m taking.

In my head right now to design are Lanc Mk.II nacelles/engines, a Lincoln conversion, and continuing to develop parts for Mosquitos (tse tse, anyone?). If all goes to plan, bigger things to come!

I'll be keeping you on my mailing list then :book: and be checking in for some of ya bits :D

• Like 4