The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

3 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Next for me will be a Lancastrian in TCA colors.

Reminds me I need to saw the other nose half to confirm the resin nose cone cross section fits correctly. If it does, I'll bring the nose and tailcones to 'Nooga for you.  Have you put any thoughts into whether or not you'll do anything to show the rear passenger area (clear fuselage, door open, etc), or do you expect you'll keep it simple and build it closed up? 

Mate, this MR10 is simply stunning, even in the unfinished state. It's pretty scary how much larger the plane suddenly becomes when you attach a wing, isn't it? I only just found that out when I was taking that Orenda test frame photo the other day. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Have you put any thoughts into whether or not you'll do anything to show the rear passenger area (clear fuselage, door open, etc), or do you expect you'll keep it simple and build it closed up? 

Mate, this MR10 is simply stunning, even in the unfinished state. It's pretty scary how much larger the plane suddenly becomes when you attach a wing, isn't it? I only just found that out when I was taking that Orenda test frame photo the other day. 

I haven't, although I'm generally a 'closed up' and ready for flight guy. 

For the very first time ever, I was stunned by the size of a model. I knew the B-36 would be big, and the Felix is large, but the Lanc is just plain and simply put, MASSIVE.

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Tons of it. I'm curious if this is a Mk.II, as the nacelles seem rather round. But I dunno!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I see exhaust shrouds that correspond to the Merlin locations...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Mk.ll used an exhaust similar to the Beau? As in the porcupine style and mounted lower on the nacelles.  

To me, those shrouds are definitely shrouds for an inline V-12.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I see exhaust shrouds that correspond to the Merlin locations...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Mk.ll used an exhaust similar to the Beau? As in the porcupine style and mounted lower on the nacelles.  

To me, those shrouds are definitely shrouds for an inline V-12.

Ernie that's what I was thinking too, but they seemed so round, and not so oval-shaped. Hence my suspicion/curiosity :-)

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Ugh back at it tonight. Not in he mood, but time’s short

You can do it my friend ! This is an awesome build. I love it. Its gonna be a big hit. Just wish I was gonna be there to see it in person.....father time. :151_41_44_712.09472830013627761

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Perhaps this build will motivate HKM to produce postwar version as well.

Avro-Lancaster--1947---MIKAN-No--3584072

Now that is a VERY STRANGE bomb-aimer blister  and I cannot think what that might have been used for ?  A camera perhaps ??

Its the very first time I have seen such a 'mod'

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

I don't suppose anyone makes SBC's (Small Bomb Containers) in 1/32, do they? I usually like to do things just a tad different than most ;-)

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Lancaster_area_bombing_load_IWM_CH_18371.jpg

Reported as being a Lancaster of 83 Squadron at RAF Scampton in June 1942  ;)

An usual 'bracket' at the front of the 4,000lb bomb ?

• Like 3

• Administrators

OUCH!

It looks like nothing other than a bit of a head bumper and ego bruiser, as long as you weren't sitting behind the spar.

On second thought, they look like they ran it into some rocks. I hope the pilot pulled little feeties up.

• Like 4