Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

GazzaS

How wouldja fix this?

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

Got some bent fins.  Shown dry-fitted.

eeif6m.jpg

Attempts to use hot water to fix warpage has either been ineffective or disastrous (not to mention painful) depending on water temperature.  Is there a way?

 

BTW...  this thread topic is in no way, shape, or form related to Heywood Jablowme.

 

Cheers!

 

Gaz

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to sound crazy, but I am usually using cold bending. Very carefully applied pressure in small steps along the bending point. Don't be scared of the discolouration of the plastic , but there is only s much you can bend, in this case plenty of room .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar problem with my Yuck-130 and it came out ok

IMG_0374.thumb.jpg.ac7c09ba630094aaf521ec4a344ca1fe.jpgIMG_0375.thumb.jpg.c6732b25d1a50a072c769e1ebd65868c.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Martin!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, cold bending works, just go slow and easy. Depends a lot on the plastic, softer stuff bends easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, Martinnfb said:

I had a similar problem with my Yuck-130 and it came out ok

IMG_0374.thumb.jpg.ac7c09ba630094aaf521ec4a344ca1fe.jpgIMG_0375.thumb.jpg.c6732b25d1a50a072c769e1ebd65868c.jpg

Is this the Zvezda or Kitty hawk kit?

I got the Aermacchi version from Kinetic. Cute aeroplane. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say that it’s the Kitty Hawk kit. Martin was raving over it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've actually slit or cut a wing to assist in the bend, really works well on a resin wing.

Just fill the blemish after the warp is fixed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've actually slit or cut a wing to assist in the bend, really works well on a resin wing.

Just fill the blemish after the warp is fixed.

Exactly!  Anything goes, there's no hard and fast rule.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nuke ‘em till they glow!

or Semtex. Semtex is good. Very good. A little makes a large hole.  

Another good, useful, and lasting gift from our friends in Czechoslovakia.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 8:36 PM, GazzaS said:

Hey everyone,

Got some bent fins.  Shown dry-fitted.

eeif6m.jpg

Attempts to use hot water to fix warpage has either been ineffective or disastrous (not to mention painful) depending on water temperature.  Is there a way?

 

BTW...  this thread topic is in no way, shape, or form related to Heywood Jablowme.

 

Cheers!

 

Gaz

Mike Rotchburns asked me which kit this is, Gazz? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 3:17 PM, smitty44 said:

This oughta do it

 

NewsTopics_html_m39120b14.jpg

:rofl:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Mike Rotchburns asked me which kit this is, Gazz? 

Craven Moorehead says:  Dees one!

 

1123401-24595-12-pristine.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Did you fix it?

Yes, though not as straight as I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...