The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tiger I, Ausf E/H, 1/35...

:D Hello friends!

For take off, I re-started this nice hobby with my Tiger I E/H Italieri (with another parts I will add because in the kit are missing :rtfm: ).  The kit coming with regular quality.     Version probably, Tank 121 or 813 in Tunisia.    Will be "Out of Box" in 99%, I will add a Jordi gun barrel and grids made by me. I am very happy to return to build again!!!.  (Last March 16/2019,  I started this kit).   After 4.5 years of not building, I feel somewhat clumsy  :brickwall: .

tigerEr-01.JPG

tigerEr-02.JPG

Working the tracks and fixing some problems.

tigerEr-03.JPG

tigerEr-04.JPG

The rear section ready!. I replaced the tool-box because in the kit is missing :rtfm:

tigerEr-05.JPG

Regards!
Rodolfo

• Like 5

:D  Thanks for your kind comments!.  @Bomber_County - In my computer I can see the pics very good, but maybe is because I am using pics uploaded in my site.

More pics of my work:

Tools mounted without problems, except the extinguisher that I placed in oposite side. 

tigerEr-06.JPG

Beginning the turret with bad luck, in one side plentiful scratches and holes, and the other side is normal. In order to solve this I used Plastic Putty of Vallejo.

tigerEr-07.JPG

Regards!
Rodolfo

• Like 4

:D  Ready for paint!. I have built this Italieri Tiger in simple form without complications in order to recover my "sleeping skills", hee,hee. Conclusion: I will need more patience than before and more attention to detail in my next project. Next step: I will see how I am in the matter of painting. I have checked my compressor and it is okay and my airbrush apparently fine after of 4.5 years without use.

tigerEr-14.JPG

tigerEr-15.JPG

tigerEr-16.JPG

tigerEr-17.JPG

Regards!
Rodolfo

• Like 7

:D Thanks for your kind comments Phil!.

More pics!

Details of tools, wheels and tracks!. I will retouch 1 tool. Next step: Coat of Satin Varnish of Vallejo and Decals. I do not recommend using matt varnish because it can whiten the model. Using the satin varnish is better because the washes "runs" for better down or where you want the filters

tigerEr-34.JPG 

tigerEr-35.JPG 

tigerEr-36.JPG 

Regards!
Rodolfo

• Like 2

It is STILL beyond me, how you guys build a tank like this THEN paint it with such accuracy...... and NOT make a mess of it......I would be inclined to paint the tools and road wheels before I put them on the kit......... tracks too for that matter... maybe that's why I build like a snail, not wanting to pull the air brush out for small parts etc, I DO know I would not be able to cover the tight areas, just have no talent for that.....  I am watching closely here... I LOVE this... more pics ! LOL!!!

• Like 2

:D Thanks for your kind comments @Jeff .   Normally I paint the wheels and tools for separate, sometimes not.    I am returning to build again after of 4.5 years and I commeted one mistake with the front of this Tiger.    All we have talent, it is only patience and relax  :thumbsup2:

NOTE: Sorry, I forgot to remove the front support for tracks, remove now is to destroy the front and re-start again  :wallbash:, I prefer to use adding the tracks :angry:.

I proceeded to make a light wash with "matt trainer yellow" Humbrol #24 thinned with Enamel Thinner of Humbrol. As you see, the colour has been changed satisfactorily to the color I was looking for.. Next step: Weathering. 

tigerEr-37.JPG 

tigerEr-38.JPG 

tigerEr-39.JPG 
Regards!
Rodolfo

• Like 3