The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Today's drivers!!!

GazzaS

I have seen this one a lot lately.  Driver A wants to make a u-turn.  There are cars coming, sometimes before dawn with headlights visible for miles, and sometimes in the middle of sunny afternoon.  But does Driver A, wait?  No, he doesn't.  He starts to make his u-turn even though there isn't room for him to complete the move without stopping and backing up.

Who are these people willing to screw over every other motorists on their way to, or home from work just so they can make a U-turn and screw over oncoming traffic? 

Well...  today I didn't wait.  When the Commodore driver couldn't make his U-turn without backing up, I powered through.  And this fella had the temerity to honk his horn at me because I had interrupted his maneuver.    I should have given him the finger.  But I didn't.

The Commodore is the Aussie muscle car.   Unfortunately many of it's drivers are rude.

9332750-16x9-940x529.jpg

The Ford Falcon is it's main opponent in penis comparison on Aussie roads.  It's drivers aren't much less rude.

There is a reason for road rage.  F#ckwits abound on the road.  Kicking their asses should be a legal sport!

Rant ended!

Gaz

• Like 5

Gaz,

G'day from New South Wales.

Kicking their asses should be a legal sport!" - why so harsh on their donkies?

I think kicking their arses should be a legal requirement! 

The world is peopled by idiots and arseholes, unfortunately your penance for being a good guy is to meet each and every one of them!!

Nevermind mate, it's beer o'clock, have one and forget the mouth breathers.

• Like 4

:rofl:

Guys, just remember that there are probably as many people on the roads, whom you treat as a****h****s, who have the same feeling about you. And that each one's inferno is the others, which means you are most of the others' inferno ...

Why not take a deep breath, a cool beer, and have a :grouphug: ?

Hubert (the only good driver on this planet ... of course ;) )

• Like 5

Gaz,

I'm on the roads in Brisbane all day in a 4.5 tonne Pantech. The things I see sometimes defy belief and would make your toes curl.

In this particular instance it's after work, and I am stopped in a queue at roadworks controlled by traffic lights, on a single lane dual carriageway. The blue Commodore that can be seen in my drivers' side mirror, blew right past all of us on the wrong side of the road, and somehow missed colliding with anything  oncoming as he did so... All because the Guy didn't want to wait 60 seconds.

IMG20190208172246.thumb.jpg.104aaffb84315bbb737c9f224a46c076.jpg

• Like 4

I thought it was ONLY ME that got pi$$ed off with idiots on the road.................. we , here in Canada, have a very successful Television show all about shitty drivers............. what does that tell you??  And we 'seem' to be somewhat proud of it.................................... huh...............................

https://www.discovery.ca/Shows/Canadas-Worst-Driver

Yes, I love the guy who wants to pull out onto the road ( carriageway) has lots of clear space and waits until I'm about 2 car lengths away then pulls out and farts along at about 1/2 speed......  had a woman do that to me one day when I was humming along in a truck and pup, ( Dump truck and dump trailer) semi, and I was LOADED with VERY HOT black top, and I was going 55 mph, and I was very heavy ( legal heavy, but HEAVY) ........................................... she never stopped at the STOP sign, all I can say to her is she should be VERY pleased I did a good pre-trip inspection on my semi truck that day and adjusted my brakes well........................................ I feel your pain Gaz

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wumm said:

Gaz,

I'm on the roads in Brisbane all day in a 4.5 tonne Pantech. The things I see sometimes defy belief and would make your toes curl.

In this particular instance it's after work, and I am stopped in a queue at roadworks controlled by traffic lights, on a single lane dual carriageway. The blue Commodore that can be seen in my drivers' side mirror, blew right past all of us on the wrong side of the road, and somehow missed colliding with anything  oncoming as he did so... All because the Guy didn't want to wait 60 seconds.

What do you mean, " wrong side of the road" ? :)

• Like 5

I used to commute by car into Aberdeen, Scotland for many years before switching to the train and the standard of driving there is appalling. Too many morons paid too much by oil companies who think that their mobile penis enhancers give them priority over all others.

Just before I switched to the train I was listening to a BBC radio show and the presenter was interviewing a guy who'd spent years driving articulated trucks all over the world into trouble zones to deliver aid. He'd just returned from a series of trips to Afghanistan and was talking about how they had all these additional fuel tanks and would fill right up before leaving Turkey then just roll straight through Iran without stopping for anything. 

Presenter finished up the interview by asking him where the worst place in the world was to drive and without hesitation he said, 'Aberdeen'. I almost drove off the road laughing!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

What do you mean, " wrong side of the road" ? :)

Ok, I'll give you that one. You should always mount your Horse from the left.

With the increase in "New Australians" arriving, notably from China and the Middle East, I see a lot more instances of cars going the wrong way down streets and around roundabouts. This lax standard of Licencing and Driver Training unfortunately mirrors the general decline in Policing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

In case some of you may be pondering over visiting Germany one day, and being asked for one the greatest sights worth seeing, I'd positively recommend to pay a visit to the world's biggest nuthouse - the German Autobahn. 

I honestly don't think I'd go on the Autobahn, anymore.  I'd be happy to do 100mph on the Nurburgring by myself.  But when you throw in maniacs who want to go faster and have cars that can...  Well, that's one German thing I can live without.  The other is Sauerkraut.

But other German things...

germanyg2.jpg

Gaz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

In case some of you may be pondering over visiting Germany one day, and being asked for one the greatest sights worth seeing, I'd positively recommend to pay a visit to the world's biggest nuthouse - the German Autobahn. 

I have always wanted to visit, despite my grasp of German being alles Schwein.

The speed differential cannot be much more than our M1 highway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast; where as a Truck Driver I must keep to the left two lanes no matter how slow the merging traffic is going... While others in the outside lanes often do 40-50 above the limit, with perhaps the possiblity of a fine in the mail a month later the only legal consequence.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

I stopped getting into a fret about other folks' driving. It distracted me way too much from texting.

Back to the topic at hand...

IMG_20190425_161225.thumb.jpg.b0c4ff935186a505d1c45aa0ec4a05e4.jpg

At least she has padding if she flips it.

• Like 5

One of the happiest moments of my teen life was when my Grandfather told me about driving through Canada from Alaska back to Michigan where I lived. 

Now, Grandpa was a speed limit devotee. 

They're driving through Canada at the speed limit, traffic stacked up behind them.  To my grandpa's great consternation,  he was the one pulled over by the Canadian police.  Then, he was issued a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic.

Although  I listened to the story with a sombre face, inside I was LMAO-ing and spiritually high-fiving the Canadian cop. 

Life would be so much better if more cops did this.

Gaz

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

One of the happiest moments of my teen life was when my Grandfather told me about driving through Canada from Alaska back to Michigan where I lived. 

Now, Grandpa was a speed limit devotee. 

They're driving through Canada at the speed limit, traffic stacked up behind them.  To my grandpa's great consternation,  he was the one pulled over by the Canadian police.  Then, he was issued a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic.

Although  I listened to the story with a sombre face, inside I was LMAO-ing and spiritually high-fiving the Canadian cop. 

Life would be so much better if more cops did this.

Gaz

I was on the 401 (Trans Canada Highway) going from Montreal to Toronto and was doing 130 kph (around 80mph) which is 30 over the limit. I see a car catching up behind me as I'm passing  a couple 18 wheelers in the left lane. The minute I clear the trucks the car flashes its high beams so i move over. It's an OPP ( Ontario Provincial Police) cruiser. I think I might be in trouble but nope, just wasn't going fast enough for him. 

These days though, with the new street racing law here in Ontario, it's best to stick to 120-125 on 400 series highways. 

Carl

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I was on the 401 (Trans Canada Highway) going from Montreal to Toronto and was doing 130 kph (around 80mph) which is 30 over the limit. I see a car catching up behind me as I'm passing  a couple 18 wheelers in the left lane. The minute I clear the trucks the car flashes its high beams so i move over. It's an OPP ( Ontario Provincial Police) cruiser. I think I might be in trouble but nope, just wasn't going fast enough for him. 

These days though, with the new street racing law here in Ontario, it's best to stick to 120-125 on 400 series highways. 

Carl

Carl,

I'm not sure what kind of road he was on, or even which province for that matter.  All I know for certain is that he was doing 55 and the copper told him to go 60.  But there have been many days in  my life where I prayed for a cop like that to show up.

Gaz

• Like 3