The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hobbycraft F6A D-Day - Ready for inspection!

That was a bad picture, this one is better. 

I was torn if I should have used my last set of Resin2detail radios, as they are no longer made. I decided to save them for either the B-17 or B-24 build. I added some scratch detail to the kit radios, pretty basic, but as they are buried below the camera, it would be hard to see them later. I also robbed the battery from my Trumpeter P-51B. It’s basic, but not terrible. I also made a fluid reservoir (not sure for what), and finally added lead wire to all the cockpit boxes, not visible here.

84215BAD-D1F7-4A45-B746-462DABE9062F.jpeg

• Like 7

I have been saying that for a long time, everything is pretty accurate, just lacking in definition. This is the second hobbycraft mustang I built, didn’t need a resin cockpit for either. I hope sombody buys he molds and re-issues the kits.

• Like 3

I started to close up the fuselage today, however, I discovered some fit issues. So back to some trimming. The fit issues were with the rear portions behind the armor plate. I had to trim the receiver board and camera mount, luckily, the cuts can’t be seen. I am also not very pleased with the self adhesive Edward PE, a couple pieces keep popping off. I’m going to have to give them a few dabs of CA. 

This was also the first time I used Fine Molds seat belts. I like them, they can be folded and painted, real quick. I started to built Edwards 97 part PE seatbelts, but i just did not have the patience for them, and remembered I had these. I like them.

I did manage to get everything to fit, and I started to fit the wings. A little bit of sanding off burrs, and the wing gaps were amazingly tight. Things are rocking along now!

E29AD299-FDFC-419A-9DF9-08F19B62F3FF.jpeg

25211F22-6027-49B7-9C92-30669D3DFEE8.jpeg

25448F9D-B2A6-4954-A381-8080C8700575.jpeg

F42E232A-E14B-4F36-AC62-17B12C8F880A.jpeg

5E99D0A0-7719-472A-975D-90E64BB50C8F.jpeg

• Like 4