The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

JG2 FW190A8

• 2 weeks later...

Back home. No pictures but worked on the cowling and cockpit this afternoon.   I've decided completely OOB except for paint mask do I can enter this into OOB category at the local contests.  Just a nice fun build with a focus on painting and weathering.   I'll try and get some photos later in the week.

• Like 4

I would forget profiles and colour call outs from pretty much everyone - especially the likes of Montex - and go with what photos and known documentation tell you.

Half the stuff out there seems to be just made up, especially once you start doing your own research...

• Like 3

There is an anomaly in the period b/w photo that nobody wants to mention,  it's like the elephant in the room.  Though can't blame the members here, since the example posted  has had the contrast dialed up:

Fw-190A-8-12b.jpg&key=d1c21b7d0f2698a14e

Not sure what the lighter vertical  stripe is down the middle (could be a scan from a book and and the back page is showing through), but what needs to be focused on is the gradation occurring towards the right side of the picture.  Not only is the tail section  darker, but so is the background - ground, trees and sky.  

I'm in the camp with the standard factory finish colours.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1