The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/35 Tiger 1 - Late Production.

Another update. Hull accessories going on, MG installed, front mudguards complete. Wish I had more bench time as that’s about it for another week.....hope you enjoy...the toolbox and axe have morePE to add if my eyes and ham fisted fingers can cope.......

234A0F82-7A6B-4E8D-89BF-1FB4F22A66A0.thumb.jpeg.3d6fa1ea8024c654006379c0d4ee0286.jpegE7C9D9D8-082A-446F-AA3C-8821F64F2755.thumb.jpeg.754e209d5015436cc095b734ae1e4b8a.jpeg

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Wish I had more bench time as that’s about it for another week.....

This ^

I only got to spend two hours on Saturday on mine. I'm dreading the p/e components when that side of things comes up.

But you're making progress, and doing good clean work. Looks great so far!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks much appreciated, for the tools you have to fold a top hat element, broke two and said *£*£*£*-*................

Got any pics of the one you broke? I'll see if I have any I can send you as I have some various leftover PE bits.

Nice progress too on the Tiger. 

• Like 4

On 6/16/2019 at 9:38 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Got any pics of the one you broke? I'll see if I have any I can send you as I have some various 

Thanks Carl you are very kind, I have some spares as Eduard we’re giving them away a Telford a couple of years ago. I need to take my time with the tiny PE :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Found some time this weekend to push on with the GB........

lots of tracks to cut and assemble, quite therapeutic.......EEEC8582-DD3A-4547-B2A7-81055A64F274.thumb.jpeg.cc56aa76a9a15cbec82bdb4beef0af6c.jpeg

my first attempt at camouflage using an airbrush.........3365D866-E0BA-41B6-B928-F1C2985A2C12.thumb.jpeg.6e5d94773a416bd1ec6ace248b4ac292.jpeg

quite happy with these, can now finish the lower hull and tracks............

• Like 8

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice progress. 

Sometimes when the tracks go together properly, it really can be therapeutic.

I really don’t mind doing tracks at all. The trick is the painting and weathering for a realistic feel....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Phil, those road wheels look perfect, no problem with cmmo air brush skills there....

Thanks Jeff this was seriously my first attempt at camouflage. Let’s see when we come to the hull. For once I had the right Vallejo in stock.......

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Jeff this was seriously my first attempt at camouflage. Let’s see when we come to the hull. For once I had the right Vallejo in stock.......

I think once mated with the tracks and upper hull, they will be spot on...

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Having had interruptions of holidays, work and general life, a small update on the Tiger. Having produced 220 odd individual tracks can now get to fixing them together. Having built one and awaiting cure time the turret was next and addition of the zimmerit.........

19D1FB24-037B-4A20-8753-14C406F60A1A.thumb.jpeg.7fdeabd2d67317c61314a833fa609f21.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks Rob, the tracks are straight of the box Tamiya, so pleased they weren’t rubber bands. For plastic tracks I am happy with the way they look prior to weathering them up. I intend doing the tri tone on the hull, wish me luck.......not sure why Tamiya went away from individual tracks........cost probably..

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

not sure why Tamiya went away from individual tracks

Actually some of their later issues have length and link tracks again, luckily. Last week I ordered the Archer, one of the later kits for nearly nada and it has length and link tracks, phew. Like you I hate the rubber stuff and spent many hours with assembling metal or plastic tracks, but it's worth the effort.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5