LF Fonderie Miniatures 1/48 Halifax III

Wingco57

Looking for this one should be called « 50 shades of dark earth, and 50 shades of dark green and 50 shades of black, plus 50 shades of grey for a good measure » ;) ...

As you seem to enjoy suffering, let me remind you of this story :

The masochist to the sadist «I love suffering. Do you have a 1/48 FM Halifax you’d want to sell ? »

The sadist : « No ! »

The masochist « Awwwwww, yesssss .... »

Hubert  :) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wingco57 said:

The Halton kit is also an option in case anyone has one kicking around as a doorstop.

Kind regards,
Cees

Sorry mate  I had one of those too and barely managed to sell it after 5 years!

Can I distract you with a POM 1/48 Mariner , since you are hell bent on torturing yourself?

Exterior shape is quite good. the moulding is terrible as the plastic has a habit of shedding slivers when sanding.

not to mention the almost opaque vacform transparencies. the interior is a bit of a fantasy.

Cees

The 3 hallys and the one Halton I had all ranged from WTF! to pretty decent . The Hally I have now is an excellent example , good plastic , good metal , and perfect vac transparency's. So get pics of any you find , see if you can find a good one.

Here is my take on the kit http://www.olddogsplanes.com/halifax.html Can anyone say flash ? I tend to take Mick Evan's reviews with a grain of salt, I tried building FM's PV-1 based on a review by Mick in which he made it sound like a piece of cake and eventually binned it after Revell came out with theirs. All I can say is he must must be one hell of a talented modeller to get the result he did ! Doing fantasy interiors seems to be one of FM's standard routines, their Hampton is much the same, kinda like most models from Mach 2.

• 4 weeks later...