The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 PZL P.11c supposedly coming in 2020 from IBG Models

It certainly isn't high on my to-do list but I wouldn't say no if you handed the kit to me right now. As there isn't a huge amount of Russian aircraft in 1/32 once you subtract the variants of the existing stuff like the 200 different I-16 kits ICM has boxed so far, I would likely buy one eventually just to have another Russian plane so they don't feel outnumbered by the Japanese and Germans.

At the moment, however, I would like to see more Italian and non-fighter Japanese subjects but IBG don't do that and my sadness is not their problem.

But they could do a Pe-2 or -3 in 1/32, and if they want my money they better get on it muy rápido. Maybe if I buy enough P.11's they can fund the tooling?

• Like 2

I am actually in the middle of building one of their I-16s, and it's a nice kit but (and I chalk this entirely up to not being more than passing familiar with the variants) all the different subtypes look very similar. But then again, so did the VW Beetle from 1946 to 1979 pretty much and I am nuts about vintage VWs, so help yourself to an extra grain when taking what I say.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

It certainly isn't high on my to-do list but I wouldn't say no if you handed the kit to me right now. As there isn't a huge amount of Russian aircraft in 1/32 once you subtract the variants of the existing stuff like the 200 different I-16 kits ICM has boxed so far, I would likely buy one eventually just to have another Russian plane so they don't feel outnumbered by the Japanese and Germans.

At the moment, however, I would like to see more Italian and non-fighter Japanese subjects but IBG don't do that and my sadness is not their problem.

But they could do a Pe-2 or -3 in 1/32, and if they want my money they better get on it muy rápido. Maybe if I buy enough P.11's they can fund the tooling?

If I may, the PZL P11 has NOTHING at all to do with Russian origin. PZL was a Polish company, founded by by the talented engineer Zulawski. It still exists today, and continue to produce some indignenous designs.

As for confounding Poland and Russia, considering the centuries-old antagonism between the two nations, and the still-existing lack of love between them, this might be viewed as a tad insensitive ... B)

Enough with pompous geo/historical lecturing :). This kit seems vey god news to me (even though I already have the SW kit in the stash ;) )

Hubert

• Like 3

On 6/9/2019 at 12:02 PM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

As there isn't a huge amount of Russian aircraft in 1/32 once you subtract the variants of the existing stuff like the 200 different I-16 kits ICM has boxed so far,

Polska!  No Russki.

• Like 2

• Administrators

P.11c = instant classic the moment is was built. There's something seriously gorgeous about that aircraft...    And if the back half of the fuselage looks familiar, it's because the entire rear half of the P.11 was used on the IAR.80 and 81 Romanian fighters.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2019 at 6:00 AM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I believe I already addressed my error, non-readers of previous posts that you are.

Ja, Ja...  but how often do I get to say “Polska!”?  And I only know one other Polish word!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

It's the transition form between bi- and monoplane in a way. Proof of evolution.

That has been made earlier (1918) by Junkers (D1) at least as a full metal design and even earlier in different wooden styles by Fokker and others.

Cheers Rob

Bildergebnis für junkers d1

Picture for discussion purpose only

• Like 2