Need help locating a Airfix 1/24 Hellcat, cant find any for sale.

1to1scale

I worked out a trade deal with someone, so I need to buy one and ship it to him. It seems like all the stateside online shops have sold out, and there are no hobby shops within 4 hours of where I live, so I was hoping someone knew of anyplace that had one and would ship? 

• Like 1

Try here........

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/airfix-a19004-grumman-f6-f5-hellcat-1-24-aircraft-model-kit/

or

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AX19004

it is from the UK though and is in stock.........

1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

I worked out a trade deal with someone, so I need to buy one and ship it to him. It seems like all the stateside online shops have sold out, and there are no hobby shops within 4 hours of where I live, so I was hoping someone knew of anyplace that had one and would ship? 

• Like 3

Thank you, my fault, should have specified, in the US. I have found them in UK and Europe, but the conversion and shipping makes it unappealing. I have found sellers in the US, but most everyone has sold out the first shipment.

• Like 4

• Administrators

I've checked the usual suspects as well, and all are gone.

But, Evilbay has them for 114.00 +26 bucks shipping from NJ. That guy has several, but I don't think I've bought from him before.

A couple more at 149 and 159 from the East Coast.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 4:27 PM, Clunkmeister said:

I've checked the usual suspects as well, and all are gone.

But, Evilbay has them for 114.00 +26 bucks shipping from NJ. That guy has several, but I don't think I've bought from him before.

A couple more at 149 and 159 from the East Coast.

After checking, it sounded suspicious, everyone (shops) got a few from the first shipment, how did this guy end up with 30?

I did find a shop in Chicago that sold me one for $140 shipped.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 7/2/2019 at 12:53 PM, 1to1scale said:

Hobbytown USA in Plano has one for 149.00. If it’s still there in a week, it won’t be after I go.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, 1to1scale said:

Considering the next US shipment isn’t due until December, you might want to jump on it. All the online dealers already dried up.

Scale Hobbyist has them back in stock. 129.00 and I believe they ship for free.

• 2 weeks later...

There were several for sale at the show, and as I heard, Airfix has already made back the tooling money and are getting into profits on the kit. That means they found a formula and hopefully will keep pumping out new 1/24 kits. I hope they would do a P-40E in that scale.