Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tasty 1/32 USN treat for you all!

1to1scale

11 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Looks like Fly is one the roll . I wonder what will end up in the box, HGW has outstanding reputation. Mr. Bobek mentioned A-20 in the near future as well.

Yup, end of 2020 I think. 

• Like 1

Looks like this one might make it by year end. 

Now if someone, anyone, would just make a Val or Kate...

We have 20 versions of the Zero, but no other plane that participated in the Pearl Harbor attack.

• Like 3

Apparently, HpH are disappointed by the low level of sales of the resin C-47, and believe IM plastic would sell better...

I, for one was excited at the idea of a 1/32 DC-3 (not C-47, btw), but at its current price point, the C-47 is 20% above my max price threshold, and I am probably of the few with that high a threshold anyway ...

Hubert

• Like 3

I would be the first to buy a "plastic" C-47, but I don't think it would sell well, like the B-24, its just too big for most. The Lanc and the B-17 have a bot more of a cult following, but i cant say the same for the C-47. I am glad that manufacturers are starting to play together, like the collaboration between three companies to make the A-20 come to life, and now a collaboration with Fly to make a Helldiver! Sometimes good things come to those who wait, unfortunately, I just bought an HpH Helldiver a couple months ago.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

I’m hoping FLY/HPH go further, MUCH further. 

A GOOD L-39 kit will sell thousands, I’d expect. And the L-39, along with being gorgeous and curvy, is one of the most popular jets in the world.

Then the Mug-15..

Now excuse me when I go finish my HPH Helldiver build.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Regarding that Helldiver sprue shot. You'll have some work to do it you want to model the machine with the rear guns deployed.  HPH molds theirs with the turtledeck cut out already. It looks like Fly took the easy way out. 

Is it me, or does that look like Sword mouldings?  Not a big deal, but curious.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, Clunkmeister said:

Regarding that Helldiver sprue shot. You'll have some work to do it you want to model the machine with the rear guns deployed.  HPH molds theirs with the turtledeck cut out already. It looks like Fly took the easy way out. 

Is it me, or does that look like Sword mouldings?  Not a big deal, but curious.

I thought they were working together? Fly and HPH

• Like 2

This is *very* cool...

I love the collaboration that happens between the different companies - it helps to leverage different strengths and we get a better kit overall.

i am looking very much forward to that A-20!  I’d been watching the slow dribble of hints from HpH.  I finally asked them about a timeline and they said that it would be an HGW kit, towards the end of next year - which aligns perfectly with what was mentioned a few posts back.

i’ve been looking at that C-47, and trying to figure out if I could convert it to an AC-47...  I unfortunately haven’t (yet) found anyone doing the miniguns in 1:32.  Everything else, I could scratch

• Like 1