Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Clunkmeister

Show us your IPMS USA Nationals Haul

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I’m forwarding this screen shot to the local IPMS president, he is friends with most of the guys from Chattanooga. I think they need to ban this d**khead.

 

i negotiated two kits from 120 down to $70, the lady was awesome and said she would rather have someone who will build it have them than have them sit around. It just goes to show that some get how business works, and others don’t.

rule one...don’t an a$$hole!

Yes, there was an Eastern European guy who was really decent, but he asked me to wait for Joe to return when I wanted to negotiate on both kits. I wanted the Tupolev, but the Brabazon was a decent price and right up my alley.  I had never met or interacted with the guy once before in my life, and i can see why he has employees to deal with the public.

Mark, thanks for that, and I’d love to hear his side of the story. If he’s feeling ground down after selling used products for a week at the modeling equivalent of a flea market, he’s in the wrong business. I’m sure he buys collections as cheap as he possibly can, and we’re all entitled to negotiate on used product.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The few shows I go to including Telford there are the “2nd hand boys”. Only ever bought from them once, had the “brand new kit sir, no you can’t open the box” I bought it, had been started, bits missing and shoddy building of the parts. Never never again, I stay well away........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ernie the Hood at 1:200 is about 5ft if I remember correctly.........bigger bench I feel.............

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Ernie the Hood at 1:200 is about 5ft if I remember correctly.........bigger bench I feel.............

Yes it is. A massive model.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

The few shows I go to including Telford there are the “2nd hand boys”. Only ever bought from them once, had the “brand new kit sir, no you can’t open the box” I bought it, had been started, bits missing and shoddy building of the parts. Never never again, I stay well away........

There generally are two second hand dealers I won't touch one does Telford the other thankfully doesn't. The one at Telford you can't miss, his stand is a pile of boxes that will fall over at any time and everything is marked up 30% off today only! Funnily if you look at the prices they are list with the 30% off. He also tells everyone in his loudest market trader voice about his "deals" the other walks round shows buying stuff from under the tables walks back to his stand and sells the stuff he's just bought. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ryan said:

Ok last pic, these are probably my favs.

B75E93B2-81F3-4A8D-BFC9-77569EDCCCEF.jpeg

I purchased the RP Miter Tool a few months back and it is hands down the best miter tool I've owned. I have used the North West Short Line tool of years and there is no comparison. :thumbsup2:

Barry

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Barry.

On the rude seller side of things, I once had a seller tell me he’d better not see my purchase on eBay since I had gotten such a great deal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I found one vendor, Joe’s Models, impossible to deal with. At about 1000 Saturday I went over and asked what he’d take on an Amodel Brabazon and Tupolev 114.  He actually told me to wait, grabbed new tags and remarked them 30 dollars more each saying it was a mistake and we can negotiate from there. 

I guess my look of disbelief said it all as he suddenly went off on me and then everyone there.  He literally hollered “get out of my booth you fat f0ck” and then then when everyone shopping looked up shocked he said “and -0all the rest of you cheap focking modelers to. I hate you focking modelers.”   It was funny if it wasn’t so sad, because the Brabazon was an excellent price. 

Sheesh where was this guy at?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Sheesh where was this guy at?

He was right on the other side of the wall from Aires if I recall right. He had a lot of Amodel and other Eastern EuropeN stuff that he probably got by buying collections.  Not a modeller by the way he degraded the lot of us. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I remember that guy, he was calling one of his people an idiot while they were packing up because he took decals out of one box to put in another, he put the empty box on his head and told him to wear it. I almost asked him for a deal on one kit, but decided not to. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

Wow, I remember that guy, he was calling one of his people an idiot while they were packing up because he took decals out of one box to put in another, he put the empty box on his head and told him to wear it. I almost asked him for a deal on one kit, but decided not to. 

What a turd. Sounds like he should be banned from the 2020 Nats. I for one will voice my opinion with the powers that be. One thing I despise more than a bastard,

is a bastardy d!ckheaded bastard a$$hole that demeans his employees. The lowest of the low. I would not p!ss down his throat if his guts were on fire.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there is no need to get excited. This person is now known and the repercussions will follow in form of bad business . Simple as that .

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

He was right on the other side of the wall from Aires if I recall right. He had a lot of Amodel and other Eastern EuropeN stuff that he probably got by buying collections.  Not a modeller by the way he degraded the lot of us. 

Oh yes, now I remember.

I didn’t do business with him.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d almost find more justice in having him spend $$$$ getting to the Nats next year but taking a massive loss because nobody bought from him. I don’t mind the personal insults, after all, I am what I am, but when he demeaned an entire portion of society? His customer base? No sir, heist me for good there. Plus openly changing the ticket price on boxes because I had the audacity to dare try and negotiate price on used goods, well, that was too much for this cowboy

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the worst Ive seen or heard. Model forums being what they are.

I remember one guy stating his model was mediocre. I agreed.

What followed was THE worst repercussions I've ever experienced . This goof and his chickenshit  'crew' then went on to destroy the forum , one of the best that ever was , with a more than decent owner, and did it all way worse than anything I did or said , blaming ME  for THEIR actions !

So the guy will pay and he will be made to pay way more than he deserves and the actions of the people making him pay will be his fault no matter how despicable and disgusting those actions are.

I have vended at IPMS events and yes some guys are cheap , some guys are ignorantly cheap , some guys are fat , and some guys smell pretty bad.  It doesn't make any diff to me , I tell them to fuck off if they need it , smelly ,ugly, fat or cheap.

Sounds to me as if he has more than a few bad days , and this was one of them.

He will be made to pay - as evidenced by some of the comments here.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we ignore his poor business ethics and conduct, we are still dealing with a complete lack of respect and decency. That is not acceptable in any society , by any measures. 

He could be technically charged by "causing disturbance"  and that is a summary offence that ends up on his criminal record.... ok now I am pushing it :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krow113 said:

Not the worst Ive seen or heard. Model forums being what they are.

I remember one guy stating his model was mediocre. I agreed.

What followed was THE worst repercussions I've ever experienced . This goof and his chickenshit  'crew' then went on to destroy the forum , one of the best that ever was , with a more than decent owner, and did it all way worse than anything I did or said , blaming ME  for THEIR actions !

So the guy will pay and he will be made to pay way more than he deserves and the actions of the people making him pay will be his fault no matter how despicable and disgusting those actions are.

I have vended at IPMS events and yes some guys are cheap , some guys are ignorantly cheap , some guys are fat , and some guys smell pretty bad.  It doesn't make any diff to me , I tell them to fuck off if they need it , smelly ,ugly, fat or cheap.

Sounds to me as if he has more than a few bad days , and this was one of them.

He will be made to pay - as evidenced by some of the comments here.

That’s what matters, he’ll be made to pay.  The community is a small one, and word gets around. I truly hope I was just the last straw of a long week of tough times, but I’ve vended many times before, and if you wish to sell stuff, you often end up letting stuff go at a ridiculously low price, especially at the end of the show if you don’t want to haul it home.  I’ve had one reseller in particular, (anyone who sells at the Nats knows who I mean), who always comes around at the start of the show insisting I take $300.00 for a 10K table and then acts all indignant when told no, but he’s legendary......

But issues like this reseller are why I mostly buy used from Greg. I know him, he’s local, he’s honest, I know he’s gonna make money as it’s his business, but he treats me fair, he treats me with respect, and he doesn’t ever screw me over. In other words, I trust him.  With that kind of relationship, price ain’t a big deal, but if he was set up at a show, I'd do the same to him on Saturday at noon and he knows it.  But he also knows I’m no dickhead nor am I a scammer, and if I want it, I’ll buy it. And if I’m too low, he’ll say so and all’s well. But don’t slap new tags on and be a douche. That’s bush league garbage.

I tried to talk to this bug a couple times as he was tearing down, just to mend a fence, but he shot me dagger looks every time, so someone had obviously pissed in his Cornflakes that morning. Because he was a short little bald headed turd, I so wanted to call him out as Napoleon, but keeping my lips sealed took a bunch more self control and didn’t spoil the Nats for others. The guy was so tightly wound that one poke would have popped him like a balloon  

The Tupolev I’ll get from Greg.  I regret the Brabazon.  I’ve never seen another.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

That’s what matters, he’ll be made to pay.  The community is a small one, and word gets around. I truly hope I was just the last straw of a long week of tough times, but I’ve vended many times before, and if you wish to sell stuff, you often end up letting stuff go at a ridiculously low price, especially at the end of the show if you don’t want to haul it home.  I’ve had one reseller in particular, (anyone who sells at the Nats knows who I mean), who always comes around at the start of the show insisting I take $300.00 for a 10K table and then acts all indignant when told no, but he’s legendary......

But issues like this reseller are why I mostly buy used from Greg. I know him, he’s local, he’s honest, I know he’s gonna make money as it’s his business, but he treats me fair, he treats me with respect, and he doesn’t ever screw me over. In other words, I trust him.  With that kind of relationship, price ain’t a big deal, but if he was set up at a show, I'd do the same to him on Saturday at noon and he knows it.  But he also knows I’m no dickhead nor am I a scammer, and if I want it, I’ll buy it. And if I’m too low, he’ll say so and all’s well. But don’t slap new tags on and be a douche. That’s bush league garbage.

I tried to talk to this bug a couple times as he was tearing down, just to mend a fence, but he shot me dagger looks every time, so someone had obviously pissed in his Cornflakes that morning. Because he was a short little bald headed turd, I so wanted to call him out as Napoleon, but keeping my lips sealed took a bunch more self control and didn’t spoil the Nats for others. The guy was so tightly wound that one poke would have popped him like a balloon  

The Tupolev I’ll get from Greg.  I regret the Brabazon.  I’ve never seen another.

He’s not the only seller in the world.

https://hobbyterra.com/product/bristol-brabazon-airplane-model.html

https://www.hobby.dn.ua/amodel-amo-72028-bristol-brabazon-p-64235.html?currency=EUR&language=en&utm_campaign=scalemates-marketplace&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=scalemates&osCsid=h29387ehsk8ndt4u93je0s63q7

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep  , and I've told 'buyers' to walk away as well.

Its not personal , its business.

ok some times its personal.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krow113 said:

Yep  , and I've told 'buyers' to walk away as well.

Its not personal , its business.

ok some times its personal.

Haha. Yes, ain’t that the truth. I’ve had to “fire a customer” at my business a time or two as well. 

Sometimes the complaining and never ending BS warranty trail isn’t worth the trouble.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't let them look through the kits either , I had to pay for that privilege .

This after I noticed that's all a few guys wanted , a quick violation of the kit and they weren't interested in it any more.

This year I'm bringing 80 -100 pre-made model base' :

IMG-5578.jpg

Some pre-lasered with brick and pavement detail:

IMG-5573.jpg

Here:

https://www.facebook.com/Custom-Model-Base-Service-2693828500632275/?modal=admin_todo_tour

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it always depended on the person. If I knew the person either personally or from the forum, no problem, but otherwise you get an inspection in front of me after the non refundable is in my jeans.  

I can be a real dick when it comes to business and my money.  I fired a guy today over being unable to follow my directions while running my shop. And I was completely out of shits to give. Screw with my cash, my family, or my business, and you’ll have an issue. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ernie, your story is making its way to IPMS, I filled in my chapter Prez, he is banning the guy from the Middle TN show this fall and he is calling the Chattanooga Prez, hopefully his name will get around and be out of luck next time. Hopefully, this will get him a no thank you for next time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s pretty decent to hear, Mark.  It would have been one thing if he talked like that to me personally, but he called out ALL modellers.

That was uncool.

Plus, a few more stories have come out. One in particular of him berating his own employees in public. No bueno...

Let your contact know that if he wished me to give a statement, I will.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...