The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter Mig-15 project, not unbuildable!

Thanks for filling the gaps on this build. Lots of fine work to be seen beside the mishaps and I agree with Hubert, that the result may be unwanted but anyhow very appealing.
If you are still not satisfied, why not going totally wild and do something like this.

Cheers Rob

P1080714.thumb.JPG.7770e041b58aca3a8f5580199f410807.JPG

• Like 1

It’s all about how you approach it. Different than the P-40’s I just took the approach that I didn’t care about 100% accuracy, and I didn’t care about damaging any surface detail, I also used parts I already had. I have purchased a few lots of 15/17 Mig kits and parts others never started. I think I had a total of maybe $40 into this kit, I had the cockpit, canopy, masks, resin tires, and brass barrels. So, to. Me this was a learning project, and while I failed to achieve what I wanted, I did learn that you should never use a water wash over chipping fluid, I also learned that you should never use oils for streaking, and I learned not to be afraid of trying. And, I am happy with my plastic work on this model, so I am most likely going to strip it down to plastic and repaint it, so I am not too disappointed. After all...I ruined the finish on my Corsair, stripped it, and won my category in a regional show, so maybe this will work out in the end.

• Like 2