Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

JohnB

Something different this time

Recommended Posts

Moving on from the last Corsair build I think it's time for this. Revell 1/48 PV-1 Ventura! :) It's been in my stash for a long time staring back at me from the shelf. I will use the Vector cowlings and prop sets along with the Ultracast wheels and Zotz decals. Stay tuned! :D

 

 

10-11-19 001.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proceed John, you’ll make something great out of it.

Are you planning a US version?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Proceed John, you’ll make something great out of it.

Are you planning a US version?

 

Yes, a 3-tone Pacific bird as it stands right now. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'll enjoy this kit, I modified mine to night fighter configuration and also used the Vector cowls and props. I found the rear most piece to be a bit fiddly fit wise but nothing some filler wouldn't fix, may have been my cut job. If you are going to leave the bomb bay closed I recommend you attach them to the fuselage halves before assembly, it makes getting the fit easier and you can glue from the inside. The top turret has no external framing on it. The Eduard mask set has it but what you see is actually internal to the turret. If you are interested my build can be found here http://www.olddogsplanes.com/pv1-new.html Looking forward to your build !

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Looking forward to this John, nice to see a change of scales.........

It appears to be a nice kit and a easy build. I'm ready for something different after all the Corsairs, etc.:)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Dog said:

I think you'll enjoy this kit, I modified mine to night fighter configuration and also used the Vector cowls and props. I found the rear most piece to be a bit fiddly fit wise but nothing some filler wouldn't fix, may have been my cut job. If you are going to leave the bomb bay closed I recommend you attach them to the fuselage halves before assembly, it makes getting the fit easier and you can glue from the inside. The top turret has no external framing on it. The Eduard mask set has it but what you see is actually internal to the turret. If you are interested my build can be found here http://www.olddogsplanes.com/pv1-new.html Looking forward to your build !

Thanks for the input! I am sure it will come in handy during the build. I'm undecided on the bomb bay doors but we will see. I looked at your build and you really did a first class job on the NF. VERY nice work! :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never expected this :D, twin engine layout, 1/48 and definitely not a Corsair. Pity that they never built a twin Corsair :rofl:.  The Ventura though is a very interesting plane and I look forward to you doing some twin magic.

Cheers Rob 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DocRob said:

I never expected this :D, twin engine layout, 1/48 and definitely not a Corsair. Pity that they never built a twin Corsair :rofl:.  The Ventura though is a very interesting plane and I look forward to you doing some twin magic.

Cheers Rob 

It should be a enjoyable build even though it isn't a Corsair :rolleyes:. I have always liked the Ventura and Harpoon and was pleased and surprised when Revell introduced it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but, unfortunately, I've lost my "want to" on this kit. I put it back in the box and back on the shelf (not the SOD though). I'll go back to it at some point but right now I just can't seem to get motivated and can't decide on just what to build. I hate it when this happens!!!! :unsure:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 9:30 AM, JohnB said:

I hate to say it but, unfortunately, I've lost my "want to" on this kit. I put it back in the box and back on the shelf (not the SOD though). I'll go back to it at some point but right now I just can't seem to get motivated and can't decide on just what to build. I hate it when this happens!!!! :unsure:

It happens, John.  I prescribe a Tamiya Corsair and two aspirin.  But don't call me in the morning.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 3:54 AM, GazzaS said:

It happens, John.  I prescribe a Tamiya Corsair and two aspirin.  But don't call me in the morning.

LOL Gaz. I decided on a HK Mosquito. :D

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnB said:

LOL Gaz. I decided on a HK Mosquito. :D

Oh....  good luck, then!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Oh....  good luck, then!

Thank you. ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Is it finished yet?

:piliot:

;)

It's on the shelf of "to return to later".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnB said:

It's on the shelf of "to return to later".

Nooooooooooooooooooo...............what happened John..........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnB said:

It's on the shelf of "to return to later".

I mean the Mossie. John I admire the Speedy Gonzalez skill for turning out beautiful builds within a relatively short period.

 

Don't keep me waiting Joooooohhhhhhnnnnnn. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Nooooooooooooooooooo...............what happened John..........

I just lost interest in the PV-1 for now. I intend to get back to it at some point. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I mean the Mossie. John I admire the Speedy Gonzalez skill for turning out beautiful builds within a relatively short period.

 

Don't keep me waiting Joooooohhhhhhnnnnnn. :D

I'm still working on the cockpit but hope to have some photos soon. ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...