Masochistic build, the 1/48 Fonderie Miniatures Halifax III

Wingco57

• 2 weeks later...

I have this in my stash to build but haven't had the courage to start it - your build looks fantastic. My dad was a rear gunner on a 298 squadron halifax, I keep putting off starting in the hope that someone (HK models - please !!!) releases a 1/32 kit but I know in my heart it wont happen and I will have to tackle the FM kit. When I do I will be using your build as a guide so thank you.

neil

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Neil, just saw this. Building a Halifax as a tribute to your father is a great motivation to start this kit. 

As you say the chances of a better kit are remote, so why wait?

I'd say go for it.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

No pics at the moment but this build has also received some recent attention. I have been working on replacing the terrible engines/cowling combination with those of the Tamiya Beaufighter which improves the look enormously.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a while, but the Hally has got some much needed attention. I decided to cut off the forward fuselage to be able to work on the rear. It needed widening by 4 mm. After that it looks much better. Where is Tamiya when you need them. Some dryfitting to see if the main components fit together.

IMG20211031175611.jpg

IMG20211031173245.jpg

IMG20211031172657.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Been quite some time.

Fuselage has been made complete again now the nose halves have been refitted. A major step towards completion. Cleaning up the joins will take some work. Them it's time to fit the transparencies. Wings are almost complete. I am very happy with the Tamiya Beaufighter cowlings, they look so much better than the FM chimney pots 

IMG20220801185709.jpg

IMG20220801185716.jpg

IMG20220801190842.jpg

IMG20220801190846.jpg

IMG20220801190850.jpg

IMG20220801190900.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1