“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD STARTS JAN 1, 2023 ×

Panther & Jagdpanther for sale

JohnB

A sign declaring that hung in the main hall of a blood bank in Gainesville, FL. If you fell asleep, you couldn't pump your fist to get blood into the bag and if you didn't fill the bag you didn't get paid for selling your plasma. People do actually fall asleep lying on a cot while their lives drain into a plastic bag. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

A sign declaring that hung in the main hall of a blood bank in Gainesville, FL. If you fell asleep, you couldn't pump your fist to get blood into the bag and if you didn't fill the bag you didn't get paid for selling your plasma. People do actually fall asleep lying on a cot while their lives drain into a plastic bag. 

Doesn't surprise me. NOT something I'd want to do! LOL

• Like 1

Bleeding to death is apparently quite a peaceful way to go; that is of course apart from the pain induced by whatever injury caused you to lose the blood in the first place.

As an aside... You get paid to give blood over there?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Bleeding to death is apparently quite a peaceful way to go; that is of course apart from the pain induced by whatever injury caused you to lose the blood in the first place.

As an aside... You get paid to give blood over there?

I think so but it depends on where you go to give blood.

• Like 1

You can sell blood plasma--or at least back in 1988 when I did it. They just remove that portion of your blood and return the rest after they separate it. It goes back in at room temperature so it feels cold as it travels down the return stream. $20 a visit and you could visit twice a week if you were healthy. It was how I paid for a Spring Break trip one year.

Blood is usually donated; especially during drives when they try to raise the supply of certain types as needed.

• Like 2