The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa Nakajima Ki-84.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I spent 4 hours carefully studying photos of Franks and Tonys. I copied directly from photos. Not from one aircraft but from a collection. Every bit is actual weathering.

All weathering is by pastels and Prisma and AK pencils. I prefer the Prisma due to being strong. I love AKs but they break, I can no longer use the smoke pencil. I have to lighten the gun smoke. You can see how it is way too dark. 

This is an experiment. Trying not to use an airbrshush.

(It is interesting to learn how people think about their models. For example, I was talking to a modeller in a store. He told me he doesn't like weathering because he will buy the model once and doesn't want the danger of ruining it. Fair enough. Me, I don't care.)

hp0eZ5.jpg

Z17TeG.jpg

tI5HQg.jpg

Wrc9NW.jpg

MhHv4J.jpg

dJzYID.jpg

3nrCZm.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Harv. We Aussies are a little self deprecating towards ourselves. It is our culture. This differs from America which lacks this. In general Americans are positive towards themselve. And very hard working. Where as me, an Aussie would rather watch the cricket. :D

Oh and drink beer while watching the cricket. :wine:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, harv said:

Wow Dale, both are very good ! You are much better than you think you are. You nailed it......harv :151_41_44_712.09472830013627761..:popcorn:

I absolutely agree 100% , this is coming along wonderfully, I can see I really need to step out of MY comfort zone, I really like whats going on here.... and Harv is right, you are way better than you think....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. 

Yes indeed Australia was in incredible danger. The sinking of HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales came as a huge shock and blow. Darwin was bombed 67 times. 

You may enjoy the book, 44 days. There is a documentary on YouTube called 44 days. You should watch it. One small RAAF squadron flying P-40s held off the Japanese for 44 days until allied forces came to help. 

I will fond the link and post it after I have a shower. Sunday morning here and I plan to model all day. 

I have food and supplies. Modelling ALL day.

How cool is that!

• Like 2