The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Special Hobby 1/32 Hawker Tempest Mk.V (SH32049)

Guest Kagemusha

Thanks for the update Petr, really looking forward to these kits, will the Mk.II come with rocket rails, and may I suggest maybe including markings for an aircraft which saw operational action in Malaya

HawkerTempestIIMalaya1_zps4a8ee972.jpg

Thanks for the update Petr, really looking forward to these kits, will the Mk.II come with rocket rails, and may I suggest maybe including markings for an aircraft which saw operational action in Malaya

HawkerTempestIIMalaya1_zps4a8ee972.jpg

Hello,

thanks for your suggestion, this a/c really looks interesting.

Petr

Fully agree, looks very good.

Just being curious, what source did you use regarding drawings?

Cees

Hi Petr

Given there will be obvious comparisons made between your kit and that of PCM, would you be able to answer Cees' question? This in itself may answer lots of other questions people may have in the future.

Also, regarding the clear fairings between wing and drop tanks that were present on the real aircraft, will these be clear on your kit / how will this be tackled?

PCM has been quite innovative in this area I feel...

Can't wait to see more pics when you have them.

Kind regards

Nick

Hello Cees and Nick,

I am not sure my answer will be of any help for you. We have used several sets of drawings, including that of our friends at the "4+ Publications", checked them with the Bentley set. We  also cooperated with the team that is working on the real Mk.II Tempest and that kinkdly supplied us with many photos and measurements. And we also made our own drawings of various details / parts of the machine that were based on real machines photos.

As for the clear fairing adjacent to the tanks, yes, there will be these parts made of clear plastic, it is partially visible on the right side of this image:

nadrze_zps1dc002ba.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kagemusha

Hi Petr,

I've just seen on Hannants website, that there are two releases of the Mk.V, SH32049, and SH32052 Hi Tec, can you please explain what the differences are? Are there any details you can share on the Tempest kits, markings, release dates?

Andy

Hello friends,

Do not worry, I will immediately and gladly bring you any available piece of news on the 32nd scale Tempest. So "stay tuned" here.

Meantime, of course, thank you very much for your kind comments!

Andy, yes, there are two various Tempest models in our schedule. And the diffference? As the "Hi Tech" designation may imply, there will be more detailed resin parts for the cockpit, also colour photo etched details and cast resin main wheels with the tread, as I have already shown it on page one of this topic.

The markings will be also different, in the SH32049 box you will find these planes:

NV969/SA-A, No.486 (NZ) Sqn. RAF

JN862/JF-Z, No.3 Sqn. RAF

EJ705/W2-X, No.80 Sqn. RAF

SN165/ZD-V, No.222 Sqn. RAF

while in the other, "Hi Tech" model there will be these:

JN751/R-B, No. 150 Wing

SN129/SA-M, No.486 (NZ) Sqn. RAF

SN228/EDM, No. 122 Wing RAF

JF-E, No.3 Sqn. RAF

I think that I will be hanging out for your Hi Tech Version Petr! I am a sucker for some resin and Photo Etch! Really glad that you are including 486 Sqn schemes in both kits!

Guest Kagemusha

Thanks for the update Petr, really looking forward to these kits, the detail looks sublime. Like Dave I'll be going for the Hi Tec Mk.V, will you be releasing Hi Tec versions of the Mk.II and Mk.VI, or will the Hi Tec parts be available separately like the resin wheels for the Fiat G.50?

Please don't forget to include decals for NX185 O with the Mk.VI kit...  :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys ... I don't wish to appear ignorant (but I probably am anyway!!!) ...

... and it probably sounds retarded, I know, But I've only discovered the likes of PCM and HPH in the last few months!! ... MDC 2-3 years ago.

Who is Special Hobby? ... Do they have a website? (I can't find one on Google) ... I have heard plenty about, and ordered, a PCM one, but I keep seeing all these pics pop up around for this Special Hobby "High Tech" job ... and there is PLENTY of love (and funding!) to have this one in the stash too!!!

Also ... any other smaller manufacturers, besides this one that I REALLY should know about??

Thanks in advance

Rog :)

Special Hobby are part of the CMK group.

And yes if you read Hyperscale you would perhaps be forgiven for thinking that the PCM kit I the only Tempest out this year...

... lol Nick :D

... I THINK I have Hyperscale in my Explorer list of favourites somewhere??? ... They do a lot of reviews or something, yes? ... Otherwise no, LSP has been my only online source of news and info ... I have pretty much discovered everything I know now (which amounts to bugger all, really) via either retail suppliers that I have used (Masterbox and miniart were discovered this way about 3 years ago), accident or LSP Forums or visiting the manufacturers websites (those that I know - most of my Dragon/Cyber Hobby stuff via frequent visits to the main pages) ...

... who is CMK? ... are there any other's that I am missing I wonder?

Rog :)