The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

How Many Model Shows Will be Cancelled this Year?

GazzaS

It's funny you should mention that Martin...

As Animal to Human pathogens go, Covid-19 is quite benign. You don't want to contract Lisser Virus or Hendra Virus, usually carried by Bats and Flying Foxes. 

Hendra Virus... Bat carries the Virus, and poops on the ground while flying over. Horse eats the grass, becomes sick very quickly and is tended to by Owner or Vet. Human comes into contact with mucus or saliva from the Horse, and if contracted Human dies a horrible death in 70% of cases. Can also be contracted by Dogs. It is the very literal definition of 'Bat Sh*t Crazy'.

IMG_20200319_053508.thumb.jpg.741ed4af0abe659b8d686015104586fb.jpg

If your Dog is frothing at the mouth in Australia, it's probably not Rabies, but Hendra Virus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What are the death tolls/

With Spain and Italy apparently throwing in the towel , shouldn't there be footage of mass graves and bulldozers , piles of burning bodies etc?

Seems a little open ended at this point to be resulting in  such mass hysteria.

A conversation today:

" My generation went through AIDS and a lot of other  health issues , this is just a cold."

Another;

" All of Chinas case' amount to .0003% of their population"

Cant help but think this may be a test to confirm what will happen if there is a real problem. Guage herd reaction , see what markets are affected , corner those markets and introduce another 'designer' virus to suit.

Just musing , nothing personal.

• Like 3

That could be a scenario if nothing would be done about the spread of the virus. The measurements are harsh, but Europe is not China or Northern America, where you have nearly no borders. Germany alone has nine neighbours, all with different agendas.
The main infection areas are in northern Italy and in the Madrid area. If what they have there spreads, than there might be a point to your little provocative argument krow.
We are speaking of the beginnings of a plague and I think the situation in Europe may will be serious soon. The death toll by now is no real mark, because it represents only the beginning of the situation.

The Chinese example showed, that harsh and timely measurements help to isolate the virus.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krow113 said:

What are the death tolls/

With Spain and Italy apparently throwing in the towel , shouldn't there be footage of mass graves and bulldozers , piles of burning bodies etc?

Actually, I just saw on the news some footage of what is going on in Italy. One funeral company alone received 64 deceased today. No mass grave, but an impressive line of coffins ... A relative was saying that the funerals were scheduled some three weeks later, because even the churches were overcrowded and missing priests ...

It really does not look like an exercise ...

Hubert

• Like 2

As the timeline plays out we'll see I guess.

As I said , musing.

Rural Canadians not too worried yet it seems , local case' can be counted one hand at this point.

Cant imagine the horror of being up close to something like this.

• Like 2

Total confirmed cases in Australia as at 18/3/20 is 568. Of this, currently 6 deaths recorded; all in their 70's or older, and 3 of these from the one Aged Care Facility.

So at this point, just a little over 1% mortality rate. However this fails to account for the apparently increasing numbers of asymptomatic cases already at large in the community. One of the deaths was an elderly Woman whose daughter returned from the United states and transmitted the Virus to her without ever showing any symptoms herself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, krow113 said:

Cant help but think this may be a test to confirm what will happen if there is a real problem. Guage herd reaction , see what markets are affected , corner those markets and introduce another 'designer' virus to suit.

Just musing , nothing personal.

Since you're just musing, throw this in the mix:

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about

• Like 1

Its all over for me anyway, I just had 3 Newfies in my store .

From one end of Canada to the other , b'jaysus!

There was an interesting 60 Minutes once about patient zero , a male flight attendant who deliberately flew all over the world spreading AIDS. 

No-one would do that nowadays , would they?!

• Like 2

I remember years ago watching the X-Files spin-off, 'The Lone Gunmen'. The pilot episode was about a rogue government group remote-piloting a jetliner into the Twin Towers with an idea to pin it on another group. I thought to myself that seemed like a pretty dumb thing to do.

Six months later I watched a plane do that exact thing into the side of Tower 2 while I stood on the street below.

So, yeah, some people will do some things.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, krow113 said:

I forgot to mention , that last statement , is read in a voice liberally  laced with sarcasm.

Well yes I realised this Steve, but often sarcasm on the Internet is much like having a Virus but not showing any symptoms... Sometimes hard to detect.

This fellow is a TV anchor and Entertainment Reporter here in Australia... it's suspected that he got the virus from Tom Hanks or Rita Wilson, but is asymptomatic. He's having "a crisis" apparently, while otherwise feeling well and stuck inside his lavish home with a guaranteed job to return to.

IMG_20200318_092002.thumb.jpg.277a8f43a6fa00e954df34500a1daf89.jpg

Give me a break. People are already losing their jobs and Businesses from this. There are Individuals with genuinely debilitating illnesses puking their guts up after Chemo or experiencing excruciating pain as a part of their daily existence. People like this Individual with mild or no symptoms need to be out in the Community contributing to Herd Immunity. Other than a Vaccine, it's the only way we'll be rid of this Virus in the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

Homophobic Signifiers?

That reminds me, I need to get some Mince...

Meanwhile, look what came up next on my YouTube feed... "Rapture"

IMG_20200320_084723.thumb.jpg.6068740fa9bea0179d492c97b3af82ab.jpg

Well, it's not quite end of days just yet.

S

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Well, I don’t know if it’s feel good propaganda talk meant to cheer the masses, or the real deal, but I’ve heard plenty of talk from reliable sources today about a very closely controlled clinical trial, conducted in France, of using Hydroxycholoroquine, an old Malaria and arthritis drug on Covid-19 infected.   The results were 100%. Every single patient recovered, and recovered quickly.

Then, there are tests using a new anti viral agent originally developed to fight Ebola on Covid-19 patients.  Again, very successful with a complete turn around within 24-36 hours. 

Hydroxychloroquine is a readily available, cheap drug, and the Ebola serum is of course, new and extremely expensive.  Of course the Drug Companies are pushing the new drug hard.

But people ARE at work, and I expect some breakthrough, (if this isn’t it), very, very soon. Most of the world has a distinct advantage over the USA in this regard. Approval is generally quick in most of the world, but in the USA, where bureaucracy reigns supreme, even old trusted therapies must be completely retested with trials and FDA submissions for approval before it can be used in the general public. This, best case, is months away for the USA. 

The President said there was plenty available, but the FDA immediately shut him down, saying that it needed clinical controlled trials, studies done, reports written, and more studies done before it would even b considered for use.  So who the heck knows.

• Like 2

I wonder if they did cancel Nationals this year, if they would consider pushing everything back a year.  San Marcos next years, Vegas 2022, etc.  Seems like that would be relatively easy to do, no?

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 1:38 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Well, I don’t know if it’s feel good propaganda talk meant to cheer the masses, or the real deal, but I’ve heard plenty of talk from reliable sources today about a very closely controlled clinical trial, conducted in France, of using Hydroxycholoroquine, an old Malaria and arthritis drug on Covid-19 infected.   The results were 100%. Every single patient recovered, and recovered quickly.

Then, there are tests using a new anti viral agent originally developed to fight Ebola on Covid-19 patients.  Again, very successful with a complete turn around within 24-36 hours. 

Hydroxychloroquine is a readily available, cheap drug, and the Ebola serum is of course, new and extremely expensive.  Of course the Drug Companies are pushing the new drug hard.

University of Queensland is working on trials with an anti-Malaria and HIV drug cocktail.

https://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2020/03/researchers-set-begin-clinical-trials-coronavirus-cure

Reports also down here that those on Micardis HCT hypertension meds may be showing early immunity to Covid 19.

We have an implied advantage here, in that it's still quite warm weather and the Virus is overwhelmingly mild in the vast majority of cases. With most Nations quarantined from each other now, it's an ideal time for Medical teams everywhere to explore different pathways to arrive at a vaccine for this bug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Atlanta's IPMS show is cancelled for tomorrow (3/21) as is ToyLanta, the big toy/memorabilia show. I had been looking forward to those, as was my wife actually. She's been trapped with two teenagers all week as well as creating video lessons for her actual students while I myself have still had to go in to work all week, so this would have been a great way to get out and have a little fun for a change.

Also probably going to be missing some upcoming concerts as well, which definitely has me less than chuffed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Queensland show in August is still being considered...

IMG_20200326_080938.thumb.jpg.cb03f7551bb068155a64685972529705.jpg

I'm not optimistic however. The latest appears to indicate that the Covid 19 Virus can survive on hard surfaces beyond the currently accepted 14 day quarantine period. Which means that everyone currently isolating might be doing so all for naught.

IMG_20200326_081757.thumb.jpg.e59f3d327f8011992adce6215d32e18e.jpg

What's everyone doing for Christmas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Military has now cancelled most airshows through the end of June. SO if the government feels it necessary to shut things down that far out right now, I would not expect July to be any better. Buh bye Nats. It would only seem prudent to be cautious for a while when and if this slows down. Question is will they postpone Texas to next year or will it be Vegas?

• Like 1

That's a good question  Smitty. They may just skip Texas and set up Vegas. I did check their sit a couple af days ago and still schedule but monitoring things. I would fell bad but I understand if it is canceled.......harv

• Like 1