Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Sign in to follow this  
BradG

Dragon 1/35 Hetzer tank destroyer.

Another model I rescued off my shelf of doom, one of Dragon's older models, the Hetzer. It started life as a flame thrower but I bought it second hand from someone who had used that part for something else and included a resin conversion and metal barrel for a conventionally armed machine.  I initially put this on the shelf of doom as it was before magic tracks, so I had to cut out and clean up about 200 track pieces. I guess I burned out on the model after doing that and it sat in the stash for years until I pulled it out again a week ago.  Other than the tedious track link clean up, the kit is pretty good. The colours and markings represent no machine in particular. I kept the weathering fairly light, a grubby wash and some dirt here and there, enough to make it look used. 

yPbSSgE.jpg

t9XhlFD.jpg

AtDxI6w.jpg

N0dPtr4.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Really nicely executed, haven’t ever built a Hetzer or Stug......

Cheers. I'm getting in some practise on AFV's as I bought the Dragon Stug IV with all the bells and whistles that I want to do a great job on, sometime this year.

• Like 2