Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.

37 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Jeff, we had two nice days of weather and people went mad in the parks etc.......I think pandemic period has made the selfish even more selfish IMHO......As for work, I work in a sector which is purely development/ developer led. If they don’t want to spend money, we don’t work.....

I agree on the selfish part for sure... Cathy and I have been following the ever changing RULES and  we are really getting tired of the folks who don't give a shit, and are carrying on with their lives like normal.... and putting us either at risk or setting us back....... it is starting to really piss us off, me more than her, but never the less, if EVERYONE would follow the ever changing rules for a while to see if it will help quell this crap, we just might all be better off, but as usual it is the few who seem to screw it for everyone for their own selfish ways......... locally a young fellow shut his restaurant down yesterday,  due to 'travelers' ( who have been told by the 'officials' to stay home,) who were nasty with his staff, and refusing to follow the health rules we are all following, he wrote a scathing note on the internet, about how this should not be happening.... I don't blame him.... now , just on the news they are saying some of these 'masks' we are to wear has some sort of toxic component that can cause lung cancer................... REALLY !!??? They are supposed to be MEDICAL grade masks.... who is screwing with us ?? Like I said this is getting really old..... if they keep screwing around some one will snap and then look out.. :rolleyes:.. so with all that rant, :hsmack:LOL !! I hope you have a nice Easter, and can look forward to sunny days , some good quality Ice 'Cool" beer, and good steak, some model time, and enjoy some of your time off.....   :beer:

• Like 4
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being bored I found a random pencil on the kitchen table

Ain't it the truth... Even though I'm lucky enough to still be working. My Wife is at the end of a month long furlough. Image my surprise to find, after coming home after work during that first w

Posted Images

On 3/20/2021 at 10:37 AM, Wumm said:

A Doctor treating Covid patients in a Public Hospital tested positive to the Virus last week... Inexplicably, she had not been given even the first of the two vaccine jabs!

It turns out that the Doctor in question eventually passed the Virus on to only a couple of people. It took over a week for these cases to surface, and Brisbane was put into a snap three-day lockdown last week until they could confirm the source. Through back-tracing, they found that there was another cluster of cases also linked to a Nurse at the same Hospital; who also had been treating Covid Patients but was also again inexplicably not vaccinated. This caused a lockdown in the Hospital in question, which was from that point being deep-cleaned, because they think there might be issues at the site.

The State Government vowed to ensure that only Vaccinated Staff from now on would be able to treat Covid patients. Seems like something they should have been doing from the outset. Greater Brisbane and Ipswich residents must still wear a mask while out and about or while Shopping or at the Pub, until April 15. However, plenty of people aren't, and don't seem to care. 

7 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

So here we are again. After 8 weeks of extreme pressure to deliver two projects it’s now back to being put on furlough for the foreseeable future or until the company makes more people redundant. Deep joy.....

That's such a shame for you Phil. I watched a Documentary the other night about the ranks of London Cabbies being decimated due to Covid. The completely random nature of the Virus and its effect on some Vocations and not others is just so unpredictable. I really hope there a silver lining for you in all this, and the Sun shines through somehow soon.

S

• Like 4

With less than 24 hours notice, the provincial government here has closed schools indefinitely. They sent them back for a day after the 4 day Easter weekend and have now left all the parents scrambling to find a solution. Awesome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

With less than 24 hours notice, the provincial government here has closed schools indefinitely. They sent them back for a day after the 4 day Easter weekend and have now left all the parents scrambling to find a solution. Awesome.

Thank YOU, Doug Ford !:angry:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 4/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, Jeff said:

Thank YOU, Doug Ford !:angry:

Yup, and today he just announced that schools won't reopen not one day after his minister of education said kids will be back in school as soon as possible. They need to get on the same page and stop contradicting each other. 

• Like 2

Australia this week has had two cases of Health Care Workers who have been vaccinated with A/Z, that have also had blot clotting issues. These are the only two attributed directly to vaccinations, out of about 700 thousand total. The Federal Government has now recommended that Australians under the age of 50 now not get the A/Z jab, due to the lesser risks in that age group of severe Covid versus the risk of clots. This leaves only the Pfizer option, which is also in short supply. Over 3 million doses of the Astra Zenica shots that have been ordered and paid for have still not arrived from Europe, and Australian production has not yet achieved the expected levels. The Prime Minister has conceded that not all Australians will be vaccinated by the end of the year.

We have also had two deaths in the past week for the first time in over a year; a former Provincial Governer from PNG who was being treated here in Brisbane, and a returned traveller from the Philippines who contracted Covid there.

S

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Australia this week has had two cases of Health Care Workers who have been vaccinated with A/Z, that have also had blot clotting issues. These are the only two attributed directly to vaccinations, out of about 700 thousand total. The Federal Government has now recommended that Australians under the age of 50 now not get the A/Z jab, due to the lesser risks in that age group of severe Covid versus the risk of clots. This leaves only the Pfizer option, which is also in short supply. Over 3 million doses of the Astra Zenica shots that have been ordered and paid for have still not arrived from Europe, and Australian production has not yet achieved the expected levels. The Prime Minister has conceded that not all Australians will be vaccinated by the end of the year.

We have also had two deaths in the past week for the first time in over a year; a former Provincial Governer from PNG who was being treated here in Brisbane, and a returned traveller from the Philippines who contracted Covid there.

S

Not a good situation. Risk is very low for the clots but the J&J vaccine, which is similar technology, also seems to perhaps have the same issue if the news from the US is correct. Bit worrying. Stay safe.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, GusMac said:

Not a good situation. Risk is very low for the clots but the J&J vaccine, which is similar technology, also seems to perhaps have the same issue if the news from the US is correct. Bit worrying. Stay safe.

Yep, same issue. My daughter is about 6 months pregnant and her Doc wanted her to get the J&J when it was available.  She told him not under any circumstances would she be getting a vaccination while pregnant.  She feels like she dodged a bullet. 

• Like 3