Jump to content

Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.


1to1scale
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I had CV-19 back in March 2020 pneumonia for 5 weeks first time in 50 years and then started moving into the second lung they gave me an antibiotic just for pneumonia killed it in a week.The day that Ida was moving that Saturday I was diagnosed the 2nd time had 101.5' fever aching back really a mild flu!The Doc asked if I wanted the infusion turned it down shot me with steroids,5 days of cortisol and Zinc.The fever broke Saturday night and the sore throat was gone by Sunday night all over in 48 hrs.It was the BEST Frigg'in Vacation I have had in a decade 10days off no work no honey do's.I finished the SP. Hobby kit,finished 1/48 ICM Lagg,worked on the 1/56 Revell Blockade Runner and Started a really Nice Revell Do-17E4 most excellent kit highly recommend.I am back at work now I am pulling 8 days straight 9 hrs a day paid but it's cool I relaxed like I have not in years.:)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a bit concerned about how our police force are now acting. Sure we have had some protesters who are angry about snap industry shut downs which are insane, but we have had vision of police body slamming people to the ground in sling tackles that would earn someone 5 weeks suspension in the footy, they have been shooting people in the back with rubber bullets, calling protesters "nazis" and trying to shut down the media. They actually had the stones to try and make the civil aviation authority out here ground media helicopters from covering the protests, but thankfully our courts pretty much told them to stuff off. This is the kinda of crap the Chinese would be proud of.

Welcome to Victoria, the police state.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BradG said:

I'm getting a bit concerned about how our police force are now acting. Sure we have had some protesters who are angry about snap industry shut downs which are insane, but we have had vision of police body slamming people to the ground in sling tackles that would earn someone 5 weeks suspension in the footy, they have been shooting people in the back with rubber bullets, calling protesters "nazis" and trying to shut down the media. They actually had the stones to try and make the civil aviation authority out here ground media helicopters from covering the protests, but thankfully our courts pretty much told them to stuff off. This is the kinda of crap the Chinese would be proud of.

Welcome to Victoria, the police state.

Looks brutal from afar. I was thinking about your police. Here in the US we have had a huge portion of law enforcement who opposed the draconian restrictions and said they would not enforce the mandates no matter what our leaders said. It looks like your law enforcement are 100% in to doing what they are doing. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People are going broke under our lock down, Melbourne is now the most locked up city in the world under this pandemic.  I have friends who have had to suspend their mortgage payments because they cannot work, other are straight up unemployed because their company has closed down. We have the worst of both worlds now; lock downs and the virus is spreading still. 

It looks like another 2 months before any real easing of restrictions at 80% fully vaccinated, this is insanity. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Looks brutal from afar. I was thinking about your police. Here in the US we have had a huge portion of law enforcement who opposed the draconian restrictions and said they would not enforce the mandates no matter what our leaders said. It looks like your law enforcement are 100% in to doing what they are doing. 

It's a very different system we operate under down here Smitty...

The Police are a State-run entity here. There are no City Police forces as such, and the Federal Police are much like your FBI. So the Police overwhelming do exactly as they're told. Police Chiefs and Commissioners are appointed by whoever's running the State at the time. The Judiciaries are also appointed by the State Premiers, so you tend to get laws passed and sentenced handed down that mirror the political narrative of the people in charge. The State and Federal Governers (the Queen's representatives) are also appointed by the ruling Party at the time they're due to be replaced, about 5 years give or take. 

In short; apart from elected Members of Parliament, no-one in positions of power are required to justify their existence. They just refer to one another when challenged. Laws that make no sense are enforced without exemption. This is the mantra; we know best, do as we say and be good little Citizens. 

The behaviour of the Police in Melbourne this week was appalling. I wouldn't put it past the Queensland Police to do the same here if challenged.

S

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why wouldn't any police with a conscience just quit? Are they bound like military service. I guess this would be exactly why our federal government wants to defund police departments, and federalize tgem. Scary

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Booked in to get a vaccine, convinced mum and dad to come along, it's a family vaccination outing.....gee fun. I use to hate needles then I had to go to hospital and got stuck so many times I now don't even flinch.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our fat governor, in our "People's Republic of Illinois", has made mask wearing

Mandatory again for everyone including the vaccinated. There are people fired or

laid off because they're not vaccinated. There is talk of travel restrictions for the

unvaccinated. Oh it's fun! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 9:56 PM, smitty44 said:

Why wouldn't any police with a conscience just quit? Are they bound like military service. I guess this would be exactly why our federal government wants to defund police departments, and federalize tgem. Scary

Morale in the Queensland Police Service is already very low Smitty...

Police here are forbidden to chase suspects or felons in cars, and are greatly hamstrung in dealings with individuals of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin. Whistleblowers with evidence of wrongdoings are hounded out of the Service rather than valued. Add in the fact that sworn Officers are required to give 3 months notice upon resignation, in an overall situation where jobs are already scarce and you've invested so much time and effort at the Academy to become a Cop, most decide to stick it out. Like, who's going to hire someone and wait 3 months for them to start?

Yesterday was National Police Day here. Quite ironically, 7 sworn Officers have launched an injunction against the Service for mandating that they must be vaccinated, or either be stood down or sacked should they defy the order. 

Police Member's action

This is a Government mandate. Is also applies to other State Government departments. The Queensland Police Union is backing the Government against it's members. This is now not unusual; all types of Australian businesses in the private sector, from fruit canneries to banks and airlines, are now forcing their workers under duress to be vaccinated. But with deadlines approaching, people are slowly starting to instigate legal challenges to maintain their right to work.

S

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

Morale in the Queensland Police Service is already very low Smitty...

Police here are forbidden to chase suspects or felons in cars, and are greatly hamstrung in dealings with individuals of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin. Whistleblowers with evidence of wrongdoings are hounded out of the Service rather than valued. Add in the fact that sworn Officers are required to give 3 months notice upon resignation, in an overall situation where jobs are already scarce and you've invested so much time and effort at the Academy to become a Cop, most decide to stick it out. Like, who's going to hire someone and wait 3 months for them to start?

Yesterday was National Police Day here. Quite ironically, 7 sworn Officers have launched an injunction against the Service for mandating that they must be vaccinated, or either be stood down or sacked should they defy the order. 

Police Member's action

This is a Government mandate. Is also applies to other State Government departments. The Queensland Police Union is backing the Government against it's members. This is now not unusual; all types of Australian businesses in the private sector, from fruit canneries to banks and airlines, are now forcing their workers under duress to be vaccinated. But with deadlines approaching, people are slowly starting to instigate legal challenges to maintain their right to work.

S

People are quitting work by the thousands instead of getting the jab here, and hoards of police have just quit or retired.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Our fat governor, in our "People's Republic of Illinois", has made mask wearing

Mandatory again for everyone including the vaccinated. There are people fired or

laid off because they're not vaccinated. There is talk of travel restrictions for the

unvaccinated. Oh it's fun! 

Just like here,

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

... 1930's Germany anyone?

Sorry to say this is a totally wrong and irrelevant comparison. Some "free spirits" in France went as far as using the Jewish yellow star with a "no vaccine" stamp on it. Needless to say it did not go very well, and rightly so, with the remaining survivors of the Holocaust.

A bit of restraint in comparisons seems advisable here, gentlemen.

Hubert

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HubertB said:

Sorry to say this is a totally wrong and irrelevant comparison. Some "free spirits" in France went as far as using the Jewish yellow star with a "no vaccine" stamp on it. Needless to say it did not go very well, and rightly so, with the remaining survivors of the Holocaust.

A bit of restraint in comparisons seems advisable here, gentlemen.

Hubert

I will keep my thoughts to myself

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HubertB said:

Sorry to say this is a totally wrong and irrelevant comparison. Some "free spirits" in France went as far as using the Jewish yellow star with a "no vaccine" stamp on it. Needless to say it did not go very well, and rightly so, with the remaining survivors of the Holocaust.

A bit of restraint in comparisons seems advisable here, gentlemen.

Hubert

I am not familiar with the situation in France, however based on what is happening in Canada, wouldn't say it is totally irrelevant, also I wouldn't bring the holocaust phenomena right in. I believe Jeff was trying to link the recent political development here, to the rise of national socialism in thirties Germany based on the recent movements in Canada.

There are many parallels , mainly the emphasis on inequality of individuals based on their personal choices and believes. Did you notice how you used names to cast the judgement? Our politicians are dividing our society (recent pre-election statements of J.T.) as a distraction , in order to avoid dealing with a much bigger problem, which is inability of our medical system to deal with the medical needs of the local population. Instead of pouring resources into our medical care, our supreme leader is playing various political games to pump up his shattered ego.

And again, it's hard to stay non-judgemental and impartial , when your retirement founds are being wasted as we speak.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a power game by many many guberments around the world to take control of the people using fear!I have been sick 2X with this BS first time was tough I will give you that but now the Israel study says  I have 13X the immunity of a vaxx person!I honestly believe that is why the second time I have had head colds worst than this stuff.No! I am not getting the vaxx I will perish first but then I believe the Lord has a plan.Aussie Land hang tough you guys are the guinea pigs for the  NWO  that Trudeau was talking about 8/12 months ago go peaceful but strong.

"When you are weak appear strong and when you are strong appear weak" sounds like Sun Tzu?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, HubertB said:

Sorry to say this is a totally wrong and irrelevant comparison. Some "free spirits" in France went as far as using the Jewish yellow star with a "no vaccine" stamp on it. Needless to say it did not go very well, and rightly so, with the remaining survivors of the Holocaust.

A bit of restraint in comparisons seems advisable here, gentlemen.

Hubert

I disagree that the comparison is irrelevant...

I actually find it particularly apt. Not the same, but very much like Nazi Germany in the 1930's; both in the conduct of the Authorities here, and the willingness of ordinary Citizens to turn a blind eye.

In just the last two weeks here in Australia, various Governments have:

Blatantly lied to the public...

Used propaganda and false data for political and monetary gain...

Assaulted and arrested peaceful Citizens for questioning the Government narrative...

Actively encouraged Citizens to rat on each other...

Conducted surveillance of everywhere Citizens go and everything they do...

Arbitrarily excluded, persecuted or arrested Individuals who don't comply with directions...

Decided who does or does not have the right to work or earn a living...

Granted favourable conduct to Individuals or Organisations without merit or explanation... 

Actively administered medications that they know can be harmful or fatal, and indemnified themselves and the Practitioners involved from any potential consequences.

In isolation, this has all the hallmarks of an oppressive Regime. Yet, I'm one of the lucky ones who has been able to work all through this disaster. It's a lovely Spring day here, and life is pretty good. I imagine much like life was for most Germans in the late 1930's.

What's happening is wrong. If I don't speak out... Who else will?

S

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 4:55 PM, Jeff said:

I will keep my thoughts to myself

 

On 10/1/2021 at 2:58 AM, Martinnfb said:

I am not familiar with the situation in France, however based on what is happening in Canada, wouldn't say it is totally irrelevant, also I wouldn't bring the holocaust phenomena right in. I believe Jeff was trying to link the recent political development here, to the rise of national socialism in thirties Germany based on the recent movements in Canada.

There are many parallels , mainly the emphasis on inequality of individuals based on their personal choices and believes. Did you notice how you used names to cast the judgement? Our politicians are dividing our society (recent pre-election statements of J.T.) as a distraction , in order to avoid dealing with a much bigger problem, which is inability of our medical system to deal with the medical needs of the local population. Instead of pouring resources into our medical care, our supreme leader is playing various political games to pump up his shattered ego.

And again, it's hard to stay non-judgemental and impartial , when your retirement founds are being wasted as we speak.

 

On 10/1/2021 at 3:40 AM, smitty44 said:

Indeed, I think the comparison to Germany is to how it all got started and they got society to buy in. Not where it ended up. 

 

On 10/1/2021 at 3:44 AM, KevinM said:

It's a power game by many many guberments around the world to take control of the people using fear!I have been sick 2X with this BS first time was tough I will give you that but now the Israel study says  I have 13X the immunity of a vaxx person!I honestly believe that is why the second time I have had head colds worst than this stuff.No! I am not getting the vaxx I will perish first but then I believe the Lord has a plan.Aussie Land hang tough you guys are the guinea pigs for the  NWO  that Trudeau was talking about 8/12 months ago go peaceful but strong.

"When you are weak appear strong and when you are strong appear weak" sounds like Sun Tzu?

 

On 10/1/2021 at 6:25 AM, Wumm said:

I disagree that the comparison is irrelevant...

I actually find it particularly apt. Not the same, but very much like Nazi Germany in the 1930's; both in the conduct of the Authorities here, and the willingness of ordinary Citizens to turn a blind eye.

In just the last two weeks here in Australia, various Governments have:

Blatantly lied to the public...

Used propaganda and false data for political and monetary gain...

Assaulted and arrested peaceful Citizens for questioning the Government narrative...

Actively encouraged Citizens to rat on each other...

Conducted surveillance of everywhere Citizens go and everything they do...

Arbitrarily excluded, persecuted or arrested Individuals who don't comply with directions...

Decided who does or does not have the right to work or earn a living...

Granted favourable conduct to Individuals or Organisations without merit or explanation... 

Actively administered medications that they know can be harmful or fatal, and indemnified themselves and the Practitioners involved from any potential consequences.

In isolation, this has all the hallmarks of an oppressive Regime. Yet, I'm one of the lucky ones who has been able to work all through this disaster. It's a lovely Spring day here, and life is pretty good. I imagine much like life was for most Germans in the late 1930's.

What's happening is wrong. If I don't speak out... Who else will?

S

I was on the move yesterday, so could not answer to you. But I want to now. 

And I am sorry, but I will hold my ground that comparing the way your governments treat « anti-vaxxers » and « anti-maskers » with Nazi Germany is pushing the comparison too far.

The Nazi regime was totalitarian and - violently - did not tolerate political opposition, that’s granted. But what made it particularly and uniquely odious is that it targeted a group of people, not because of their actions and political stance, but because they belonged to a certain ethnic group, displayed the physical traits of what we would call nowadays a certain genotype, followed a certain religion and exhibited a certain ancestral culture. None of this was a choice: they were born this way, and belonged to a community of siblings. Yet, because of this, they were bullied, ostracized, persecuted, restricted or even denied of their rights, their belongings were vandalised or confiscated, they were arrested, deported to « konzentrationslager » where they were treated as subhumans, and finally mass-slaughtered in the gas-chambers and their bodies cremated in the ovens of the « Endlösung » camps.

If you are nowadays a Huighur in PRC, you can compare your situation to Nazi Germany. But not, to my knowledge, if you are a citizen of the US, Canada or Australia. So, to me, using this analogy is scandalous because it is belittling ultimately, by bringing what you face to the same level as the Shoah, the atrocity of what millions of people endured under the Nazi regime.

So, if you think your government is today heavy-handed on some of their citizens’ beliefs or convictions, you can draw comparisons as much as you want to other totalitarian regimes, like the Soviet rule from Lenin to Gorbatchev, the  Chinese Communist Party hold on China, the theocracy in Iran, Mr Putin’s Russia where being a political opponent earns you Novishok-peppered underpants, just to name a few, without saying this is like Nazi Germany.

I will not even discuss whether the hype about anti-vaccination and anti-mask is justified. But I will end up with my personal experience of living in Portugal, even if I am French. 
As you may know, Portugal endured a dictatorial regime for more than 50 years. Even though this regime finally fell almost 50 years ago, this period has left profound impressions on the psyche and some behaviours of the Portuguese people, even to this day. I can not say whether this is also an aftermath of the dictature, but, to my eyes, the Portuguese people also display a unique attachment to solidarity, and the responsibility of each to contribute to the good of the whole. And I very often get the feeling, with my previous French experience, that the government generally displays an attitude where they consider their citizens responsible grown-up adults, and talks to them and let them live their lives accordingly. For instance, very early in the pandemic, I heard the Portuguese President call to the responsibility of citizens to accept the restrictions, because they all knew that the Portuguese health system would not be able to cope with a major health crisis.
Which is probably why the country is now in the top 3 in the world in terms of Covid-19 vaccination, with close to 85 % of its population fully vaccinated. And, as of yesterday, has lifted most restrictions (but for the mask mandate in closed public spaces, and outside when social-distancing is not possible).

I have lived though two extremely long and severe lockdowns in Portugal. The restrictions were progressively lifted this summer but you had, until yesterday, to present you vaccination certificate to get into a restaurant, for instance. Yet, throughout all these times, I have never heard a Portuguese complain that the rules imposed were « returning us to Salazar times »

Just my two cents.

Hubert

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got the first shot last night of Moderna. No real side effects, but my arm feels like I've taken a punch. It should have been the first day of cricket season today but everything has been pushed back at least a month at this stage. I'm really not that sure things will start in early November, but we will see. Also had my car battery die, so that was a 100 bucks outlay for a new one that was a bit of a pain, but dad showed me how to change one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hubert,

I will give you some allowance as English is not your first language...

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

If you are nowadays a Huighur in PRC, you can compare your situation to Nazi Germany. But not, to my knowledge, if you are a citizen of the US, Canada or Australia. So, to me, using this analogy is scandalous because it is belittling ultimately, by bringing what you face to the same level as the Shoah, the atrocity of what millions of people endured under the Nazi regime.

No one is saying that it's the same as 1930's Germany. Only that aspects of that regime are like those experienced for others in 2021. There must be some nuance to any discussion, otherwise this too can stray into totalitarianism. No one here mentioned the Holocaust in discussions, for you to do so now seems like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer. 

Furthermore... Please don't accuse others of belittling a situation without knowing their situation and circumstances, simply because it happens to suit your agenda and your point of view. To do so only cheapens the analogy.

S

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...