The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Thank You LSM

TJTX

14 minutes ago, GusMac said:

SACRILEGE!! :angry:

Although not the best whisky out there, that's still a very nice drop there. It's not known as 'water of life' for nothing.

Say that in Scotland and you'll deported asap. :D

Remember Ernie is from Texas..............:respect:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

SACRILEGE!! :angry:

Although not the best whisky out there, that's still a very nice drop there. It's not known as 'water of life' for nothing.

Say that in Scotland and you'll deported asap. :D

My wife's Scottish. So my father-in-law reminded me I have no choice but to like whisky. :D

Thankfully I do. But I do enjoy bourbon and even the odd rye.

• Like 4

I used to do a lot of skiing when I still had cartilage in my knees and there was a great hotel up Glenshee called the Blackwater Inn which had a landlord who was from Kentucky. How the hell he ended up there I've no recollection, but it did have a great selection of Bourbons, so we sampled quite a few! Don't remember all of them but I remember Rebel Yell, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey and Makers Mark. 

Generally not a huge fan of whisk(e)y which isn't Scottish but they were all decent (honourable mentions for Suntory and Bushmills), so Ernie I kinda forgive you! :D

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, harv said:

Not much of a Jack drinker, but may have to try the single Smitty.....harv

Oh Harv, if you can get a little tiny crock of this stuff, try it, it is just excellent..... it's not like the original JD............

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, biggtim said:

Beer (including Guinness) is for pussies.... :D

If it ain't at least 80 proof, it ain't fit to drink. 

Tim, c’mon out this way and I’ll hook you up with some 180 proof. Then, if you can handle it there grasshopper, we’ll dial it up to 195

80 proof?   Like making love in a canoe......    F**king close to water!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Tim, c’mon out this way and I’ll hook you up with some 180 proof. Then, if you can handle it there grasshopper, we’ll dial it up to 195

80 proof?   Like making love in a canoe......    F**king close to water!

I've had 190 proof many times, but it's been a long time ago, now!! I'm afraid I'm a bit of a lightweight myself these days. Probably can't even hold my beer.....

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I can see by reading this, I am the amateur among Professionals ........................ I always wanted to be a 'professional'.............. maybe there is still time? :rofl:

Just listen to the old George Jones song “White Lightinin” if you have any questions. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

Ole Smoky is some good stuff...made here in Chattanooga.

We have lots of Ole Smokey here.  A few whiskeys and some different moonshine types.  That and Gentleman Jack are my in stock and go to's.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TJTX said:

We have lots of Ole Smokey here.  A few whiskeys and some different moonshine types.  That and Gentleman Jack are my in stock and go to's.

Sadly, I mixed the last two ounces of Smoky in to my Saturday night after dinner coffee...and yes, it was very good! I was always a Tequila and vodka man until I tried moonshine. Now I understand why this state is famous for it. I think I need to make a run back to the liquor store this week for some more. Like I said, I don’t drink a lot, maybe a drink ever weekend or two, but you might as well have what you enjoy the most when you do. 

• Like 3