Jump to content

Ha-1112 K1L Tripala ‘Der Stern von Afrika’


JeroenPeters
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Disaster...

again problems with my primer. This was the last time. Mig one shot. Well, i wont give it another shot!! Simply Touching this primer will cause it to give. I will never use it again. Besides: i should have known better since i had the same problems with the Buchon and this primer.

71F1445F-5DF6-4553-AF42-53B55D7E1011.jpeg1CA7ECB6-619A-4997-9B94-1D9E979679CC.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know you're building a model and it looks fantastic!  But do you know if the vanes on the wings actually did anything?

 

I had a short dance with acrylic primer. 

the worst paint lift in my life!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
9 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I know you're building a model and it looks fantastic!  But do you know if the vanes on the wings actually did anything?

 

I had a short dance with acrylic primer. 

the worst paint lift in my life!

I read that the vanes had to do with the underwing rockets. I’ll look it up again.

i only read good reviews about the primer i used, but it’s shit. Probably quite literally too... i found a way to take the masks off safe. Keep them under warm water. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

I read that the vanes had to do with the underwing rockets. I’ll look it up again.

i only read good reviews about the primer i used, but it’s shit. Probably quite literally too... i found a way to take the masks off safe. Keep them under warm water. 

Thanks, Jeroen!

So...  you dip the model into a tub of water and then pull the mask?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Doing some research in what stencils were on this plane. So far i can only discern the yellow fuel type triangle, handhold stencils, fuselage footstep stencils and NO nicht anfassen markings on the rudder taps. 
 

The props are interesting. The rear should be anti glare black. The front aluminium. In some photos the rear shows yellow tips. In some they do not.

The instructions tell you that the black dot on the spinner was painted on to create the idea of a cannon. If you look closely you see the tip of the spinner is a little black disc with a screw in the center. Indeed painted black.

896B8D78-4278-45B9-AF75-BE4E298C7BCA.pngBDA892F7-F275-46AB-A29A-E34FAB543277.png1D3E35C5-DCCD-44AD-BD1C-FDC585F28A39.pngB08C7142-BDB5-46D1-A5F7-0D9BAA8829F4.pngD9CF650A-DBA5-4AD2-91DA-766C2B13123E.png47124C96-62B6-4AD9-93FE-1145C84B4AF4.png92F3D9F2-193C-485B-880C-15D3DDF1B92C.png

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Grant said:

Brilliant work, as always, Jeroen! Looking forward to following this to the end 

(Almost like old times watching your work) 

Grant

 

Kind words Grant! It’s been too long for us not to chat. Hope you are in good health!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2020 at 6:16 PM, JeroenPeters said:

Kind words Grant! It’s been too long for us not to chat. Hope you are in good health!

Absolutely- way too long.  I’ll give you a call via Messenger if that’s ok and bring you up to speed on what’s what. Speak soon :thumbsup2:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

I love these AK pencils

Have you ever tried them dampened, that is an area, where I like them even more, than in dry use. You can work with them like a multi colored wash, amazing.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Have you ever tried them dampened, that is an area, where I like them even more, than in dry use. You can work with them like a multi colored wash, amazing.

Cheers Rob

Thnx Rob,

works like a charm! Still lots to do..

29205707-FD93-49DC-B07D-3392B0FB8C0A.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...