Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Sign in to follow this  
IainMackayDall

WNW model?

Does anyone know of, or have a Felixstowe F.2a (late) for sale ??
or is someone going to tell me "*Your dreaming".

*An Aussie movie joke.

• Like 3

Iain, check Frontline hobbies in Newcastle.

They're online and I saw an early and a late about a fortnight ago.

Good hunting!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kais said:

Iain, check Frontline hobbies in Newcastle.

They're online and I saw an early and a late about a fortnight ago.

Good hunting!

Thanks, But like quite a few shop sites, they have the models on their searchable lists, but "backorder" is usually the proviso. Am I wrong that that really means not in stock, as in out of stock. By the sounds of WNW. we may have to wait for production to start from some other company. One that purchases their metal sprue dies. So all the plastic was cast with them in Asia, and all the transfers were made in Italy. the design team in NZ are all redundant and no sign yet of someone who may buy up the pieces.. it seems there is those two new Lanc moulds just waiting top press. So maybe its going to be a waiting game. But its bonanza time on eBay. What would cost the AU$600 here locally is close to getting AU$1000 for eBay sellers. I'd like to build the model not keep it unopened in the box as an investment. 

• Like 3

Iain, yes I'm feeling your pain.
I was in there today for other things and checked their stock of WNW.
ALL GONE!
Sorry if I gave you false hope.

• Like 2

Bonanza time on eBay is right!

Good grief, people are going insane.

• Like 4

...  If I only had 20 Gotha IV's to sell....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

...  If I only had 20 Gotha IV's to sell....

I'd like to have one, but to keep and build. At least I snatched a last minute Stahltaube, which will arrive soon. Kind of like the 'early bird'

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DocRob said:

I'd like to have one, but to keep and build. At least I snatched a last minute Stahltaube, which will arrive soon. Kind of like the 'early bird'

Cheers Rob

I'd love to build one, too.  But alas, no room and no decent storage for anything that big.

10 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I'd love to build one, too.  But alas, no room and no decent storage for anything that big.

That was my thinking too for a long time. Three weeks ago, there was one last AEG available with one of my Spanish hobby shops. It was tempting, but I let it pass, because of the enormous wingspan. That night, I had the idea to built the AEG with clipped wings, maybe wrecked or derelict, with some children playing in it. The next morning the AEG was sold, bad luck ;). It seems my WNW stash will exclusively feature one engine planes.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DocRob said:

That was my thinking too for a long time. Three weeks ago, there was one last AEG available with one of my Spanish hobby shops. It was tempting, but I let it pass, because of the enormous wingspan. That night, I had the idea to built the AEG with clipped wings, maybe wrecked or derelict, with some children playing in it. The next morning the AEG was sold, bad luck ;). It seems my WNW stash will exclusively feature one engine planes.

Cheers Rob

I like your ideas...   but I like my planes whole, and protected from dust.  I've only purposely built one derelict in my life and that was a tank.  Just the way I feel...  Aircraft should be like horses...  full of life an potential...   anyway... I wax on....

• Like 3

Just saw on evil bay here in the UK a WNW Gotha G.IV with 8 days to go on the auction and its already at £500.......600 US, 850CAD and 930 AUD.............enough said........

• Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 3:37 AM, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

This is one I would love to have...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

This is one I would love to have...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that challenge, who would have thought, that these WNW birds would become rare so fast. An early Albatros B.II and a Gotha or AEG is what I missed, otherwise I'm satisfied with my WW1 stash.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

I have an AEG , did you want to check with your bank re a second mortgage to buy it!?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, krow113 said:

I have an AEG , did you want to check with your bank re a second mortgage to buy it!?

Ha ha, not sure if I want to sell the house I'm living in to get an AEG. Even if I would be crazy enough, my wife wouldn't agree :D.
Well yeah, I don't know, after missing to buy one some weeks ago, I'm still tempted, but on the other hand, some kits have to be wandering in my mind for a long time, like the girl you never got.
Thanks for the offer anyway, I'm going into deep meditation about this.

Cheers Rob

Guys, go to Hannants and check the 'Damaged' section. It is like a dream has become true, or like just two month ago :D.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/damaged/

Just got my AEG late, couldn't hinder myself hitting the button.
There are more left, even Felixstowes, which I considered too, but it's to big for me. 

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Guys, go to Hannants and check the 'Damaged' section. It is like a dream has become true, or like just two month ago :D.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/damaged/

Just got my AEG late, couldn't hinder myself hitting the button.
There are more left, even Felixstowes, which I considered too, but it's to big for me. 

Cheers Rob

Just had a look, OMG......really tempted but I have no work in 3 weeks time, so have to reign in the spending.........:wallbash:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Just had a look, OMG......really tempted but I have no work in 3 weeks time, so have to reign in the spending.........:wallbash:

I just got a car payment...  So I'm gonna demur.  But I was surprised by what they have.  They'll be gone tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I just got a car payment...  So I'm gonna demur.  But I was surprised by what they have.  They'll be gone tomorrow.

The rate they are vanishing, make it today ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Just picked up an Albie. That brings my stash to 17, with one finished. Should keep me busy for a while.

• Like 2

After some serious soul introspection, I have decided that I may be open to a « just » offer for my WnW late Felixstowe ...

Hubert

8 hours ago, HubertB said:

After some serious soul introspection, I have decided that I may be open to a « just » offer for my WnW late Felixstowe ...

Hubert

Damm, I relented and bid for an eBay WnW late Felixstowe and won it for US $465.00  which is less that the last ebay Felixestowe. But I really should have seen your email first. Its the trouble of being on the other side of the world & time zone. I'm tempted to keep this Felixstowe in its box and bank it as a WnW relic. But many thanks for the offer Hubert.

• Like 1