The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Revell Fw190 F8 converted to G8

Similar over here near Stonehaven, damp and raw but also freezing at night.

My wife fell on Sunday when we were out with the dogs and broke her wrist, so my bench time is going to be restricted by being having to do all the cooking, etc. Can't moan as I normally get away fairly lightly on that.

I'd an uncle out in NZ who had pigs which were actually quite keen swimmers. Mind, it was a good bit warmer there than it is up here. :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The two outboard 300L drop tanks and SC500 have been made up and sanded flush. There are a couple of little marks that are still present on the fuel tanks but, if they show up through the paint then i'll let them go down as wear n tear. After all i doubt these fuel tanks in the field were kept in pristine condition. Used a Flory wash on the undercarriage doors. Just need to seal it in with a matt coat.
Also trying to make an electrical harness for the main leg retraction arms. Drilling with 0.3mm drill bits take time and a lot of patience. My eyes and hand co-ordination isn't what it used to be. 17 years of using pneumatic tools and chemicals has had its effect on me.

IMG_2077.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlanG said:

The two outboard 300L drop tanks and SC500 have been made up and sanded flush. There are a couple of little marks that are still present on the fuel tanks but, if they show up through the paint then i'll let them go down as wear n tear. After all i doubt these fuel tanks in the field were kept in pristine condition. Used a Flory wash on the undercarriage doors. Just need to seal it in with a matt coat.
Also trying to make an electrical harness for the main leg retraction arms. Drilling with 0.3mm drill bits take time and a lot of patience. My eyes and hand co-ordination isn't what it used to be. 17 years of using pneumatic tools and chemicals has had its effect on me.

IMG_2077.JPG

The weathering on the inside of the u/c-Doors is spot on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking good so far. 

Every time I have a model with drop tanks, I tell myself I'm going to mill it thin from the inside, and then dent it up from the outside.  Hopefully I'll actually do it someday.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Been an eternity since i did an update on this. But not to worry. I've not done anything much to it. I suffer with anxiety and depression and i've had a few relapses lately.

Since the last update though i've painted RLM 23 banding and rudder, the RLM 65 all over and just started to add the RLM 75 (the only two colours required).

IMG_2252.JPG

• Like 5

Cheers guys. Just trying to ease myself back into it. Been on the forum a lot but when i sat at the bench i get overwhelmed so got back up. In some ways i'm forcing myself to get back into modelling as i have so many projects i want to do :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Did you spray it with bluetack or did you use flying masks? 

Blutack for the camo. Tamiya tape for the band.  I've only ever used masks on my Bf109 Erla camo build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2