1/32 Revell Fw190 F8 converted to G8

Similar over here near Stonehaven, damp and raw but also freezing at night.

My wife fell on Sunday when we were out with the dogs and broke her wrist, so my bench time is going to be restricted by being having to do all the cooking, etc. Can't moan as I normally get away fairly lightly on that.

I'd an uncle out in NZ who had pigs which were actually quite keen swimmers. Mind, it was a good bit warmer there than it is up here. :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The two outboard 300L drop tanks and SC500 have been made up and sanded flush. There are a couple of little marks that are still present on the fuel tanks but, if they show up through the paint then i'll let them go down as wear n tear. After all i doubt these fuel tanks in the field were kept in pristine condition. Used a Flory wash on the undercarriage doors. Just need to seal it in with a matt coat.
Also trying to make an electrical harness for the main leg retraction arms. Drilling with 0.3mm drill bits take time and a lot of patience. My eyes and hand co-ordination isn't what it used to be. 17 years of using pneumatic tools and chemicals has had its effect on me.

IMG_2077.JPG

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AlanG said:

The two outboard 300L drop tanks and SC500 have been made up and sanded flush. There are a couple of little marks that are still present on the fuel tanks but, if they show up through the paint then i'll let them go down as wear n tear. After all i doubt these fuel tanks in the field were kept in pristine condition. Used a Flory wash on the undercarriage doors. Just need to seal it in with a matt coat.
Also trying to make an electrical harness for the main leg retraction arms. Drilling with 0.3mm drill bits take time and a lot of patience. My eyes and hand co-ordination isn't what it used to be. 17 years of using pneumatic tools and chemicals has had its effect on me.

IMG_2077.JPG

The weathering on the inside of the u/c-Doors is spot on!

• Like 1