Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Rather than clutter up JohnB's build thread, here's my Spitfire XIV and XVI builds from a few years ago. 

The XIV is a Tamiya VIII kit with Raduis XIV conversion set. That was designed for the older PCM IX kit so needed a bit more work to make it fit the Tamiya kit. 

IMG_20180917_223550-L.jpg

IMG_20180917_223627-L.jpg

IMG_20180917_223643-L.jpg

This was the first Tamiya Spitfire I built. Nothing like jumping into the deep end. 

Next up is my XVI also using the Tamiya kit. I was able to get advice on it from someone who worked on the real aircraft back in the day. 

DSC_0149-L.jpg

DSC_0148-L.jpg

DSC_0145-L.jpg

The cowl panels are still removable. Nothing like a red Merlin with chrome heads. 

20170816_142114-L.jpg

I mentioned earlier that you don't see too many bubbletop Spitfires. Hopefully Iconicair comes out with their XIV conversion soon so I can build a low back XIV. 

Lastly, here's my Revell Spitfire 24. Most folks know this as the old Matchbox kit and the challenges that it brings. 

IMG_20180917_223106-L.jpg

IMG_20180917_223155-L.jpg

IMG_20170428_090444-L.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

What a fine selection of Spitfires

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dennis! 

I have more but most need better pics taken. Once I do, I'll add them here 

Carl

• Like 2

Nice triple, chapeau.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i remember the XIV being built - was the thread here or LSP? - and just going 'wow' at the time!

can't remember if i asked at the time, was there any photo reference for Brunhilde beyond the well known pic which just shows the nose / spinner with Johnson standing in front of it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A very attractive scheme for the XVI. Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nmayhew said:

i remember the XIV being built - was the thread here or LSP? - and just going 'wow' at the time!

can't remember if i asked at the time, was there any photo reference for Brunhilde beyond the well known pic which just shows the nose / spinner with Johnson standing in front of it?

Thanks! It was my first WIP done on LSP. I haven't come across any additional photos of the plane but haven't looked since I built it. 

• Like 2