• Administrators

HK Models had announced one in development a few years back. But they also announced the FGR and P-51B, so hopefully soon. 

The improvement in molding technology gives me great hope for a great quality kit. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:27 AM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I believe Hph (or maybe it was HKM) was supposedly working on one, but now that they switched to plastic from resin I don't know if it is still in development.

HpH never went near it ... Several years ago I specifically asked Mirek if he'd consider doing one ... the answer was a firm NO ...

HKM has had this one in its sights for a number of years ... but only REALLY seriously got to work on the CAD about 3 years ago ...

Those corrugations will be tough to get precise - but as far as I know - It will definitely be a goer ...

On 6/30/2020 at 10:15 AM, Clunkmeister said:

HK Models had announced one in development a few years back. But they also announced the FGR and P-51B, so hopefully soon. 

The improvement in molding technology gives me great hope for a great quality kit. 

As far as I am aware ... they have dropped the P-51.B for now, as Zoukei-Mura announced one (along with an Arado 234 and a Bf-109.G6) ... I believe Neil said his P-51B was a ways off and he didn't want to compete with another one.

Rog :)

• Like 2
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

HpH never went near it ... Several years ago I specifically asked Mirek if he'd consider doing one ... the answer was a firm NO ...

HKM has had this one in its sights for a number of years ... but only REALLY seriously got to work on the CAD about 3 years ago ...

Those corrugations will be tough to get precise - but as far as I know - It will definitely be a goer ...

As far as I am aware ... they have dropped the P-51.B for now, as Zoukei-Mura announced one (along with an Arado 234 and a Bf-109.G6) ... I believe Neil said his P-51B was a ways off and he didn't want to compete with another one.

Knowing how the Old Man loves giving tribute to amazing engineering, I would have thought he would be very interested in the P-38, P-39, and P-47 with their unique drive and induction systems.

9 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Knowing how the Old Man loves giving tribute to amazing engineering, I would have thought he would be very interested in the P-38, P-39, and P-47 with their unique drive and induction systems.

Who knows? He may very well look at those designs in the future.

I got an insight, a couple of years ago - via one of his blog posts - as how he selects at least some of his subject matter.

It was after he'd announced the Fw-190 series, but before the Ki-45's.

He has a collection of original aircraft components that are on display at the headquarters ... during the "tour" I remember distinctly the G6 propeller and remember thinking that if he does one of those we might, finally, get a definitive 1/32 kit. Definitely looking forward to the P-51.B ... Though I have a couple of Fly Arado's - so I might have to hoof them off at some point ... And I haven't given up on Tamiya having a crack at a P.47 once they come out of their 1/32 hiatus ... They already have the power egg!!

But as far as a Ju.52 is concerned ... HKM has one in design and, from memory, was due out later this year or the next ... I'm kind of glad that they're the only game in town for their Lancaster now - Neil's already had to deal with being "one-upped" on the Mosquito and the Do.335 - I'm pretty sure this is the reason he canned the P-51.B once ZM announced it ... I'm glad he's had a win for a change ... and I hope theres plenty of Lanc sales and some encouragement to press on with some of his other designs.