Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

Here's some photos of my Renault ft nearing completion. I used tamiya clear flat lacquer decanted 

From the can and I had some issues with frosting. Most of the offending frost was removed by gentle

Polishing with a damp cloth. I still need to do the tracks and final details to finish the beast. This is first model I will complete in many many years. I used to use testers flat from the spray can with much better results. I'll have to find a solution to the clear flat issue. Anyway, I think it still looks ok.

IMG_20201002_1433574_rewind.jpg

IMG_20201002_1434205_rewind.jpg

IMG_20201002_1421474_rewind.jpg

IMG_20201002_1620039_rewind.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looking more than ok. Can't wait to see it finished. I use Pledge with added Tamiya flat base for flat varnish. works perfect for me and while adjusting the mix, I get all shades of flatness with this combination. More than 35-40% Flat base in the mix will lead to frosting effects though, but 35% is perfectly dull.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, and thanks for the tip. After these photos, I thinned out my clear flat with tamiya

lacquer thinner and applied a wetter coat of clear to some of the problem areas and it worked like

a treat!  

In the future I will try less air pressure, and apply a little wetter. Also I think I'll use my Paasche H airbrush. I used my H for the clear gloss and it worked out ok. Anyway, like I said before this is a first

attempt at a model in about 20+ years and it is my re-learning modeling experience

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys.

Here are some pics of the tank with tracks on.  I didn't quite get these right. I'll try something a

little different on my next build. Real ft pictures don't seem to be as rusty! I'll think ill try a dark iron

Paint on the surface of the tracks next time. I used tamiya hull red on the inside of the tracks and spaces between the links after which I oversprayed with Vallejo rust. I then dry brushed with tamiya metallic gray the edges of the cleats but this doesn't show well in the pics. The markings are for a Brazilian tank of the 1930s.

IMG_20201004_1102063_rewind.jpg

IMG_20201004_1102521_rewind.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...