The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bachem Ba 349V 'Natter'

• Administrators

I was seriously worried about decaling the wingtips and tail tips etc. Some high octane compound curves there, BUT, I tried tonight and with Mr Mark Setter, and Uschi's decals mould like clay around them. Took me about 20 minutes to do the upper sides. I'll leave to set, then go for gold with the under sides.

• Administrators

Mr Mark Setter .. Is that your personal choice of weapon Jim? I assume it's better than its Microscale counterpart?

I've used both, and Mr Mark Setter does seem a little more suited to the job for moulding things. I think this proved it. I no longer have Microsol to check though.

• Administrators

I've assembled the majority of the Natter. Just need to add the canopy, boosters, and a few small detail parts. Work has now started on painting the canopy to receive its wood and copper parts, and the stand is now base coated in Gunze Flesh.

Hope you like:

DSC01986.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

There are actually a few edges and things that I have missed and I'm working through them. About 6 tiny pieces to fit.

I'm hoping to wrap this one up within the week.

Thanks for the support guys.

• Administrators

Another productive day in the workshop, but only because it's the coolest room in the house in this heatwave. Still, it forces me to do some modelling. It's a hard life!

The rocket boosters are now fixed and the forward windscreen framing covered in copper tape, then riveted. A few other bits and pieces are added such as the Walther rocket thrust vanes and elevon control wires, and the aiming sight.

The metal strap holding the boosters together is left in natural fret metal, and I just need to add the canopy for this now.

I've also made a cantilever toolbox to add to the stand, but photos of that later.

DSC02009.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks for the comments folks.

Apart from the concrete base I need to add to the stand, this model is now complete, with its hood attached. Normally, the hood would open flat back against the top of the fuse, but doing that didn't have as much visual interest, and my way, you can see the outside of this more clearly with the wood nail decals. Hope you like it.

DSC02013.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

• Like 4