The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Dragon Pz IIIM Neo Kursk

Chipping looks great to me and certainly not overdone. I like the chipping multi coloured like you did it, with some bare metal some corrosion and some abrasion. The cupola looks gorgeous, like Phil said.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Gaz, this is looking stunning, on the cupola just adding the lens and scuff marks brings to life. The insignia etc looks far better as masks, going to have to look into them. Are you going to weather this one up.........

Thank you.  I’ve already done a pin wash and an overall yellow ochre wash.  I’ve also done some rain marks with a few more layers to go.  Once that is done I’ll limit it to some dust.  As it was a short tussle in the summer heat, making it look really beat up wouldn’t be a good option unless I could realistically batter the schurzen supports and Fenders.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DocRob said:

Chipping looks great to me and certainly not overdone. I like the chipping multi coloured like you did it, with some bare metal some corrosion and some abrasion. The cupola looks gorgeous, like Phil said.

Cheers Rob

Thank you!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since my last update.  One of the main reasons was because I stripped and repainted the schurzen.  A lot of unwelcome textures and dust motes had gotten under my clear coat.  I also got the wheels and tracks on.

125532032_1060456074421133_3105184383778

Today I got the turret schürzen and hatches on as well as all of the tools and spare tracks.

125259342_1060456091087798_1056332082226

I also did some rusting on the muffler.

126159909_1060456081087799_6205801062578

Tomorrow I hope to get a heavy dusting on wheels, lower schürzen, and horizontal surfaces.  

apparently when Russian roads weren't muddy, they were covered in a choking dust.

Thanks for looking!

Gaz

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

설렌다 me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
Me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근
자꾸 드러내고 싶지 자꾸만
사소한 것 하나까지 전부다
작은 화면 속에 내가 제일 예뻐 보이고파
아직은 감춰 이런 내 마음 꾹꾹
멋 부린다는 건 정말 귀찮은 거
그렇다고 절대 대충할 수가 없는걸 
매일 가슴 뛰게 해 이건 네가 몰라야만 돼
그러면서 뻔뻔하게
BB크림 파파파
립스틱을 맘맘마
카메라에 담아볼까 예쁘게
이거 보면 웃어줘
그리고 꼭 눌러줘
저 밑에 앙증맞고 새빨간 heart heart
근데 좋아요란 말은 뻔해
내 맘 표현하기엔 부족한데
근데 좋아요 잠도 못 자도
지각하게 돼도 좋은걸
설렌다 me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
Me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
숨을 훕 참아 지퍼를 올리게
다시 한번 허리를 훕
으라차차차 다 입었다 baby
세상엔 예쁜 옷이
너무나도 많고 많아
BB크림 파파파
립스틱을 맘맘마
카메라에 담아볼까 예쁘게
이거 보면 웃어줘
그리고 꼭 눌러줘
근데 좋아요란 말은 뻔해
내 맘 표현하기엔 부족한데
근데 좋아요 잠도 못 자도
지각하게 돼도 좋은걸
그저 바라보고 있지
아무 말도 할 수 없지 oh
조금만 더 다가와요 내 맘 알아줘요
더 이상 감추고만 싶지 않아
Ah 오늘따라 기분이 꿀꿀해
안 그런척해 봐도 슬프냬
아무 반응 없는 너 땜에 삐졌는데 
눈치 없이 친구들이 나오라고 부르네
Ooh 잠깐만 잠깐만 연락이 이제야 오는걸 woo
하루종일 기분이 왔다 갔다
울다가도 다시 신나서 춤추네
설렌다 me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
Me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart

No idea , but :)

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I like the look a lot. The dust coat ties everything together. If you'd like to add something, I would apply some dust deposits on horizontal areas, which are cornered by other elements, like on the fenders or the engine deck. There is also the possibility to add some dust in another colour, maybe a bit more reddish, which would enrich the colour palette.

You have to love these III's and IV's in late(r) war outfit, with all the added armor, being it Schürzen, extra sheets for the turret, track links or even wood or concrete. How to make something obviously outdated at least partly capable. The weird look of all these additions makes these types interesting to the eye.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:
설렌다 me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
Me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근
자꾸 드러내고 싶지 자꾸만
사소한 것 하나까지 전부다
작은 화면 속에 내가 제일 예뻐 보이고파
아직은 감춰 이런 내 마음 꾹꾹
멋 부린다는 건 정말 귀찮은 거
그렇다고 절대 대충할 수가 없는걸 
매일 가슴 뛰게 해 이건 네가 몰라야만 돼
그러면서 뻔뻔하게
BB크림 파파파
립스틱을 맘맘마
카메라에 담아볼까 예쁘게
이거 보면 웃어줘
그리고 꼭 눌러줘
근데 좋아요란 말은 뻔해
내 맘 표현하기엔 부족한데
근데 좋아요 잠도 못 자도
지각하게 돼도 좋은걸
설렌다 me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
Me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
숨을 훕 참아 지퍼를 올리게
다시 한번 허리를 훕
으라차차차 다 입었다 baby
세상엔 예쁜 옷이
너무나도 많고 많아
BB크림 파파파
립스틱을 맘맘마
카메라에 담아볼까 예쁘게
이거 보면 웃어줘
그리고 꼭 눌러줘
근데 좋아요란 말은 뻔해
내 맘 표현하기엔 부족한데
근데 좋아요 잠도 못 자도
지각하게 돼도 좋은걸
그저 바라보고 있지
아무 말도 할 수 없지 oh
조금만 더 다가와요 내 맘 알아줘요
더 이상 감추고만 싶지 않아
Ah 오늘따라 기분이 꿀꿀해
안 그런척해 봐도 슬프냬
아무 반응 없는 너 땜에 삐졌는데 
눈치 없이 친구들이 나오라고 부르네
Ooh 잠깐만 잠깐만 연락이 이제야 오는걸 woo
하루종일 기분이 왔다 갔다
울다가도 다시 신나서 춤추네
설렌다 me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart
Me likey
Me likey likey likey
Me likey likey likey
두근두근두근 heart heart

No idea , but :)

Thank you!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks great there Gaz. I broke down and bought the recent Takom kit after arching your build. 

Just waiting for it to arrive on the slow boat.

Carl

Thank you, Carl.  I'll be interested to see how the Takom kit goes together.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

I like the look a lot. The dust coat ties everything together. If you'd like to add something, I would apply some dust deposits on horizontal areas, which are cornered by other elements, like on the fenders or the engine deck. There is also the possibility to add some dust in another colour, maybe a bit more reddish, which would enrich the colour palette.

You have to love these III's and IV's in late(r) war outfit, with all the added armor, being it Schürzen, extra sheets for the turret, track links or even wood or concrete. How to make something obviously outdated at least partly capable. The weird look of all these additions makes these types interesting to the eye.

Cheers Rob

Thank you, Rob,

The tonal variations in the dust coat show more in-person than they do in photo, but I do understand that I need to do a bit more.  There are some dust deposits on the horizontal surfaces, but here I was afraid of blotting out too much detail.

Finding dusty armor images isn't easy.  From soldiers memoirs, minutes after the rains stopped, the rollbahn gave up great clouds of dust.  This is an Ost Front image.

lonely_panzer.jpg

But finding closeups of dusty tanks...  is even harder.  Maybe I don't know where to look.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, SapperSix said:

The tow cable, muffler, extra running gear and many other details in this build make it a real eye catcher.  Good eye, good job Gaz. 

Thank you, Frank!  Still some work to go...  I haven't even touched the figures, yet.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Figure painting...  Shitty photos...  I apologize.

2RlviF.jpg

hpHxLz.jpg

The pointing man is tank crew, and the standing guys are infantry.  Being SS is complicating uniform details.  Still lots of painting to go.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

I know what you mean on that score, I’m going to my big magnifying lense / led light more and more.......

I'm contemplating on how I might combine my reading or old prescription g;lasses with my optivisor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finishing up the year with a bunch of learning experiences.  So, I'm giving myself a D on this one.

bZf55m.jpg

A friend has suggested using white backgrounds.  All I think a white background does is mute the rest of the photo.

DiFOKZ.jpg

After seeing Uncle Nightshift do his figures with acrylics, I thought I would have another go.  Trust me...  they look better farther away.

dgKBaj.jpg

Finally...  Static grass.  Must get a static grass applicator. 

Anyway...  I can call this one done, and get it off my bench and out of my mind.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1