The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What’s the deal with Infinity Models? Where is the Helldiver?

1to1scale

So, my question I ask, What’s the deal with Infinity Models? Where is the Helldiver?

I understand that we are in Civid crisis around the world, but It has been nearly 6 months since it was supposed to come out. Has anyone heard anything new? Hell, in that time, Wingnut Has gone out of business, Meng decided to put out the DR.1, and I now have it sitting on my workbench, whereas Infinity were showing sprue shots 6 months ago. Are they still working on it?

F88C2884-164D-4AAA-A158-83B0CECFBCB5.jpeg

• Like 2

There have been quite a few posts about it. Are you aware they are offering resin accessories for various areas for those want the full experience? The base kit I believe is mostly closed up for those who complain about paying for stuff you never see. As I really want to display the bomb bay open that might be the set I spring for; I don't do anything that requires my model be picked up and peered into so I don't really do engines or cockpits too much. I guess we'll see if the kit is worth the price for the basic alone considering.  I believe there will be two boxings as well, one being Pacific schemes and the other Atlantic? 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

There have been quite a few posts about it. Are you aware they are offering resin accessories for various areas for those want the full experience? The base kit I believe is mostly closed up for those who complain about paying for stuff you never see. As I really want to display the bomb bay open that might be the set I spring for; I don't do anything that requires my model be picked up and peered into so I don't really do engines or cockpits too much. I guess we'll see if the kit is worth the price for the basic alone considering.  I believe there will be two boxings as well, one being Pacific schemes and the other Atlantic? 

That’s ok with me, I prefer the closed up version, however I may go for a wingfold. Unfortunately, the flaps are PE as a standard inclusion. I think this kit may suffer from a bit of the short run clunkyness, but that’s ok, I Have always Liked this plane. Now if they can make a Curtis Seamew for me...the love child of a Helldiver and a Kingfisher.

And yes, after posting this I found the tread on LSP where they posted updates.

• Like 2

I think the latest post was something about waiting on one more sprue mold to be made.  I’ve seen photos of all the spruces ready to go so far.   Still contemplating if I really need to add another great kit to the stash at this time.  Might get it just because if I do decide one day, it will be too late or I’ll have to pay 3X for a kit.   I want to be the guy that sells it for 3X if I decide not to build it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

The preorder page is up now, so I’ll definitely get one and see.  Personally, I see very little benefit compared to the resin offering other than not needing to deal with pour blocks. 

One of the biggest issues with the resin offering were a few slightly overscale cockpit parts, and some fiction happening between the two crew members. No rollover bar, etc.  

Also those PE flaps are a real mojo drainer.  Hopefully, AM comes to the rescue there.

http://www.infinitymodels.cz/shop/

• Like 1

I tried the preorder, but it has a blank box below the email address and it requires it to be filled in, but with what?   Something is lost in translation.  Mirek also mentioned that there would be a forum discount code on the other site.

• Like 1