Sd.Kfz.221, Unknown Unit, Sovereign 1/35

Hello friends!

Here one of my last works, I hope like it!.

This is the Sd.Kfz.221 from Sovereign in 1/35th scale. The kit coming with resin, white metal and photoetched all with great quality, but with some little defects; the only negative of this armor is that it not contains marks (decals); some parts will need to add extras as wire and drill carefully. the assembling includes interiors.

The Leichter Panzerspähwagen (German: roughly "light armoured reconnaissance vehicle") was a series of light four-wheel drive armoured cars produced by Nazi Germany from 1935 to 1944.

Base model and first production series of light armoured car built on a standardized chassis for military use. The Sd.Kfz. 221 was armed with a single 7.92 mm Maschinengewehr 13 machine gun (from 1938 a Maschinengewehr 34), manned by a two-man crew, and had 4-wheel drive. Production ran from 1935 to 1940 with at least 339 vehicles produced for the army. Some Sd. Kfz 221 were rearmed with a 2.8 cm sPzB 41 "heavy anti-tank rifle" in a modified turret. Its full name was Leichter Panzerspähwagen (M.G.). It was only produced with Ausf. A chassis and a maximum frontal armour of 14.5 mm.

Regards!
Rodolfo

sdk-8.jpg

sdk-1.jpg

sdk-2.jpg

sdk-3.jpg

sdk-4.jpg

sdk-5.jpg

sdk-6.jpg

sdk-7.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting geometry on those doors. I've never seen a picture of one with the doors open, but I'd have expected the fully-open door position  to be the lowest point of the door to be inline with the hinge-line - where it couldn't exert any further force on your hand if it were trapped between the door and items on the outside of the vehicle. A "stop" is also usually fitted to prevent the door or hatch opening beyond that point. As an ex-"tankie" you tend to value little design features like this, as the number of ways you can lose/crush/cut-off fingers/feet and heads on any armoured-vehicle are legion, and bad-design abounds.

As Jerry is a good engineer, this looks like an uncharacteristic oversight for him, bless his little Hun-heart. Anyone seen a photograph of one with the doors open?

• Like 1