The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Zoukei-Mura P51D Mustang SWS No 4.

• 4 weeks later...

Another update, so with the IP and side walls complete, time to do the aux tank and radios, added some wiring to embellish the area and tried to get a insulated covering on to the aux tank. Engine coming on slowly, tried a new method here, AK extreme aluminium and the over sprayed with Vallejo RM66. When rub it the alumni shows through, early stages yet but it might work.......

4DD28E98-E63F-451D-8DFA-6DE99ED333B6.thumb.jpeg.ae5164e8e476fc8380359440267366cc.jpeg

Also tried the radiators again using AK True Metal gunmetal and then added a black wash over it. After drying buff as required. ........The seat is the mid production 51 seat with Eduard belts, they have to tidied and secured to look right.....

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Looking good Phil. I never thought about buffing AK's Extreme Metals and have the feeling that wouldn't change the look a lot. I would be interested in your experiences.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, much appreciated, the True Metals are buffable but never got the Extreme Metal to buff. I used the True Metals on radiators and Extreme Metal on the engine......

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, harv said:

The AK metals, are they acrylic ?......harv

The AK Extreme Metal is sprayable enamel and the AK True Metal is enamel / wax combination ( I think). These are the only two enamel based products I use....

https://ak-interactive.com/product-category/paints/true-metal-paints/

https://ak-interactive.com/product-category/paints/xtreme-metal-paints/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2021 at 5:50 AM, Landlubber Mike said:

Nice work!  I was looking at mine the other day and the decal options - did you decide which paint scheme to go with?

Thanks Mike, I’m not sure which decals or scheme to use either, I may just get another set of decals......have to research a bit more. You’ll love the build when you start.....

• Like 3