The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HPH Announces 1/32 Me-410 (with pics)!

seiran01

Ben,

The discussion has been on Britmodeller and also LSP

Afaik there has been no crticism of what they have produced per se - because they haven't produced anything yet!

There was a spat concerning who has accurate plans, and what ones they are using, with one British chap saying in effect he ha the only accurate plans and he wasn't going to help HPH.

Now, whether that is ALL bs or not, who knows.

One thing I DO know is that both the Walrus and Cat are pretty much industry benchmark kits *in whatever medium* - uber pricey yes, but they are about as good as it gets - and I include WNW, Tamiya's 1/32 etc etc when I say this

So, if they were ever to do the Hornet, I'd be pretty confident it would be accurate.

Just my assessment of te situation, as I did watch that one bubble away (and participate in those discussions myself)

N

Exactly why I stay clear of those forums unless I really have to! It spiralled into a criticism about "foreigners" copying and not crediting people's work; I stopped reading at that point ;)

The Shagbat looks amazing so I've no doubt the Hornet will be stunning. Best get saving now!!

• Like 1

Exactly why I stay clear of those forums unless I really have to! It spiralled into a criticism about "foreigners" copying and not crediting people's work; I stopped reading at that point ;)

Thats pretty below the belt indeed... Not everyone works like that, and my dealings with the guys at HPH are pretty damn good as I am currently offering them information and a master for nothing.

• Like 1

Thats pretty below the belt indeed... Not everyone works like that, and my dealings with the guys at HPH are pretty damn good as I am currently offering them information and a master for nothing.

Ooh - what subject Dave??

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go ... I followed ChukW's fabulous build, mitt ze beautifully drawn frauleins et al, in 1:48th scale and was instantly sold on the Me 410.  I'm cringing at the potential cost though.

• Like 1

Here we go ... I followed ChukW's fabulous build, mitt ze beautifully drawn frauleins et al, in 1:48th scale and was instantly sold on the Me 410.

Yes Chuk's build was fantastic!

I'm cringing at the potential cost though.

I bet it won't be as bad as PBY!

• Like 1

• Members

These kits kill me!  Just like the MDC Ar 234 I've been waiting to see if someone will do it in plastic (and it looks like the case with the 234) before I shell out big bucks for resin.  This is one of my favorite aircraft though, may not be able to resist!

• 5 weeks later...

These kits kill me!  Just like the MDC Ar 234 I've been waiting to see if someone will do it in plastic (and it looks like the case with the 234) before I shell out big bucks for resin.  This is one of my favorite aircraft though, may not be able to resist!

I knew I should have started that MDC 234 kit.....

• 2 months later...