The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK's 1/32 Mosquito-Finished

I thought I give this one a go after doing some relaxing planes thus far I only have Eduards interior for the pit,some fabric seatbelts from HGW and some canopy mask(call me lazy) coming.I like PRU's and I am thinking of doing that one you always see in American markings now it took me forever to finish my HK B-25 "MMR" I am hoping this one goes a little quicker. I have a 1/32 KI-43 on the table painted and glossed just waiting on the right decals to finish her but have the pilots seat put together on the Mossie.I am still looking at some other builds of this kit seeing whats within my reach of further enhancements.Some of my other PRU's "lil Margaret" is in the middle all 1/48th.;) Kevin

mosquito 001.JPG

108 (900 x 675).jpg

081028-F-1234P-001.thumb.JPG.7278624cbf40e81e8cf196a83d378181.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2nd most favourite aircraft . . . The Mosquito was the most versatile aircraft of WWII . . . . it could and did so much . . . 

Looking forward to seeing it on the bench Kevin, here is a smaller version that I finished some time ago but all I have is this in-build photo . . .

Mosquito build 009.jpg

• Like 8

I finally found my RB production belts at Sprue Brothers I ordered five all together with a couple for some Japanese AC also.I like HGW's but it takes me longer to assemble but only slightly better than RB's is it worth the extra time??I did find out that Radu walked away from the shop 100% back in march of this year to do more creative production/process more power to him I think the shop is down to CV-19.I need some American belts to which HGW may be the supplier there.Thks for looking in.;) Kevin

• Like 4

17 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

You will love this kit...

Indeed. Just don't let your 2 1/2 year old son test fly it after completion. 

As for HGW belts, in case you don't already do so, I find it easier to leave the buckles attached to the fret and thread the belts through them before cutting them loose. 

IMG_20160422_232858-600x450.jpg

Just made sure the attachment points aren't in the way of the belt. 

• Like 13

Well I cut off the pedals once I built the PE ones not to bad don't play with the PE like I use too.I have also started black basing the interior with some semi-gloss black enamel.I have a couple things I am looking to add to the pit area thing that are readily seen around the radio equipment a pic of what I will try to replicate from another build which HK did not do the tower.I am hoping get the IP front done and contemplating about doing the wires out back be a first for me.I would like to do more in the nose but one needs to split the front not so good at that kind of surgery but sure opens up your options?? ;) Kevin

mosquito 001.JPG

mosquito 002.JPG

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, harv said:

Damn nice pit. Good work !......harv :popcorn:

That last pic is not my build Harv but what I am going towards Thks for looking in Guys. ;) Kevin

Oh!by the way the shroud for the pedals their appears to be some kind of canvas/leather pouch that comes off the R/side of the IP anyone aware of it's use and color?it's the main brass piece in the middle of the pic new book comes next week.;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

It's a really nice kit Kevin and I know you will enjoy the build. I look forward to following along! (Here's a pic of the one I built a couple of years ago.)

What was your thoughts up against the Tamy kit?

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Well got something done scratch and mods really slow me down hence the reason for most builds as OOB.I was informed by a member on another board no cushions on the pilot seat seeing they sat on there parachutes so I decided to remove them all went better than anticipated.He also stated the stand was good possibility he actually is working on a rebuild of one in Canada.I am now working on the L/side of the pit with that tricky little quadrant box un-hun once I get the fuse buttoned up should go a little quicker till I get to an engine.;) Kevin

mosquito 002.JPG

mosquito 004.JPG

mosquito 001.JPG

mosquito 002.JPG

• Like 11

The parachute packs he was talking about were known as 'seat packs', that is why some seats look very deep, they were made to fit the seat packs, if you notice some early Spitfire pilots scrambling to their aircraft with their parachutes down by their lower back sides, those will be seat packs...

parachute.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

The copit is basically finished I did make the frames for the back of the seat on the radio operator.I just took some .020" square stryene put needle nose to the stryene and channel locks to the needle nose and got a flat spot then cut the angles to the back of the seat worked well.I am not reaL fond of the pilots belts but think the radio seat looks a little more animated.The bomb sight was the last thing I did tonight it was testing the patience. The whole copit tub slides on rails into the forward fuse area snug as a bug. ;) Kevin

mosquito 002.JPG

mosquito 003.JPG

mosquito 004.JPG

mosquito 005.JPG

mosquito 006.JPG

mosquito 007.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KevinM said:

The copit is basically finished I did make the frames for the back of the seat on the radio operator.I just took some .020" square stryene put needle nose to the stryene and channel locks to the needle nose and got a flat spot then cut the angles to the back of the seat worked well.I am not reaL fond of the pilots belts but think the radio seat looks a little more animated.The bomb sight was the last thing I did tonight it was testing the patience. The whole copit tub slides on rails into the forward fuse area snug as a bug. ;) Kevin

mosquito 002.JPG

mosquito 003.JPG

mosquito 004.JPG

mosquito 005.JPG

mosquito 006.JPG

mosquito 007.JPG

Beautiful progress with stunning detail! 

Kai

• Like 4