The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1987 Revell 1/32 P38J Lightning Kit

Found this incredible "1987" Revell 1/32 P38J Lockheed Lightning kit on eBay for for $34.50. Box was open but all parts still sealed in their original plastic sleeves with instructions and decals. Decals look a bit dry but will order new when I start to gather aftermarket parts.

10963455-306E-498F-8F75-638D56F2E826_zps

4DE3AA16-1F0D-40F2-BBEF-4017D4E42D10_zps

• Like 3

Yeah I was really pleased get this as most new kits are in the $100.00/$125.00 price range. As I said it's in perfect condition and I was able to find new decals, seat-belts and Edward instruments on eBay for around $40.00!

I have 6 models in my stash so I'm good!!! Well unless eBay offers up some more excellent deals, lol!

That's how "Model-Hoarding" begins! :D You won't notice until it's too late!

I noticed that model prices on Ebay jumped quite a bit in the past two years.

I believe that Revell Lightning kit is the same mold from the 70s. I built one when I was a kid.

• Like 1

That's how "Model-Hoarding" begins! :D You won't notice until it's too late!

I noticed that model prices on Ebay jumped quite a bit in the past two years.

I believe that Revell Lightning kit is the same mold from the 70s. I built one when I was a kid.

Yeah I noticed that also but there are still some good deals if you haunt the site, lol!!

No "Model Hoarding" for this boy! I met a guy at the Hobby Show that had 1400 kits in his stach but he had a glassed over look in his eye so I ran away, lol!!!

• Like 2

Yeah I noticed that also but there are still some good deals if you haunt the site, lol!!

No "Model Hoarding" for this boy! I met a guy at the Hobby Show that had 1400 kits in his stach but he had a glassed over look in his eye so I ran away, lol!!!

Most of us do.

• Like 1