The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Hasegawa P-51D Mustang "Tuskegee"

After a long time away from the forum for health problems, I'm back with this old kit Hasegawa P-51D.

It's very old kit, with raised lines, poor details and other issues. But as all the old hasegawa kits is accurated.

And as I bought some time ago a lot of PEs for this kit, I think I'll get a reasonable result.

Tuskegee-Airmen.jpg

This is the kit:

DSCF0779.jpg

These are the PE sets that I Have:

DSCF0794.jpg

I'm not intend to use all of them, only the necessary. The remain parts will be left for any other Mustang.

I will use too a resin wheel set, by True Details:

true-details-32001-north-american-p-51-m

The version to be executed will be the plane nº44-15569, piloted by Ltn. Roscoe Brown, in the exceptional 322 Squadron, the "Tuskegee Armein" at Lamiteli, Italy, March 1945.

print_P-51D_R.Brown.jpg

usf-mustang-405x321.jpg

The markings will be painted in the kit using a mask set designed by me for this.

And to start the kit, I raised the correct lines and removed the rivets of the fuselage and wings, then rebuilding some rivets in the fuselage, as would be the real plane.

DSCF0780.jpg

DSCF0781.jpg

DSCF0782.jpg

DSCF0783.jpg

DSCF0784.jpg

Then I began to detail the basement of weapons, with the PE set. And as the set only has the machine guns part, I closed the cover of the cartridges because it would be with a much lower quality than the parts with PEs:

DSCF0785.jpg

DSCF0786.jpg

DSCF0787.jpg

These PEs caused me a lot of extra work because they are designed to the Dragon Kit. The fitting are poor, and I has to reshape them to fit in the Hase kit. Thias caused some torsion in some PEs. But as the rough parts will be covered with the guns, I left them as is.

DSCF0788.jpg

DSCF0789.jpg

So I sawed off the flaps to let them lowered.

DSCF0790.jpg

I simply could not resist to start the cockpit assembly, then I solded the PE seat and glued this to the cockpit part.

DSCF0791.jpg

DSCF0792.jpg

Soon, I will be posting new pictures.

• Like 1