The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Babibi Model - 1:72 Decals - A-400M and C-160!

Fran

• Administrators

1:72

Babibi Model Decals

IMG_0489.JPG

A-400 M

($22)

C-160 Transall

($16)

Babibi Model is a new name for me I discovered when I was looking for decals for my current project, A-400M Grizzly, which I find myself doing for Scale Aircraft Modeling.

I had never seen and found any reviews regarding the quality of the decals, even so, I decided to order the A400 sheet, having the surprise that the brand new Babibi Model decal sheet, C-160 D Transall for Revell kit, was in the same envelope.

Here we will analyze both.

First of all, the presentation of the decals is very professional and very interesting. The decals come in a plasticized paper wrap and with transparency on one side to see the inside. The back has all the general instructions for decal application.

These instructions are in fact general and applicable to all decals, it is always important to remember the general principles of decal application. In this case, there is no specific rule for applying these decals.

Analyzing the decal sheets, the color registration is great and the definition of the details is one of the best I've seen.

The decals have a thin film, in fact looking very thin and delicate.

Starting with the A-400M sheet, it is a sheet that costs 22 dolares (not really cheap) but provides 6 different options namely:

IMG_0497.JPG

- A-400M First Plane of Turaf “KocaYusuf”

IMG_0508.JPG

- A-400M Altas Zm409 With Airborn 16 Tail Arts

IMG_0513.JPG

- A-400M Royal Air Force

IMG_0511.JPG

- A-400M Armé de LʻAir

IMG_0512.JPG

-A-400M Malaysian Air Forces

IMG_0510.JPG

- A-400M 60 Years of Luftwaffe (a misprint on the profile )

IMG_0509.JPG

As you can see, the tail arts are very well defined and will undoubtedly give a more colorful look to your A-400M thus breaking the monotonous gray.

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

Beside all the markings and letters, Babibi Models sheet also gives you, concerning the RAF several other numbers to make almost an entire fleet.

IMG_0518.JPG

Now let's look at the C-160 sheet.

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

This decal sheet has only two options but very good choices:

-C-160 D Transall TURAF Ex-Ankara Museum Turkey

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

- C-160 51 + 1 “Silberne Gams” - Germany

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

Both options are very colorful and just like the A400 sheet, the color registration is of enormous quality, and very fine, having everything to go well during the application.

IMG_0505.JPG

The decals for the German version won me over right away and are very cute despite being a little more complicated to get the desired results considering the size of the decal of the cause and then the extra color of black to be painted by the modeler to blend the black as on the real plane.

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

Conclusion:

Well, Babibi Model is a very good surprise for me.

The presentation of the decals (on the envelope) and the decals themselves are the best I've ever seen. The colors and the fineness of the decals are noteworthy for their quality.

The guidelines given when placing the decals are sufficient and perfectly noticeable to any model designer.

The only less positive point that I glimpse is the fact that none of the planes have any historical background, not even a small sentence.

My thanks to Babibi Model for producing these fantastic decals and for the C-160 review sample.

fav.png

Francisco Guedes

• Thanks 2