Jump to content
EVERYTHING UKRAINE GROUP BUILD IS NOW UNDERWAY.

marcopreto

Members
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

48 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. My love affair with this scale continues and the latest model to leave my bench was this minute Skyhawk, an A-4E in IAF colours, built using the 1:144 scale Eduard kit. The M.E.R. and the Mk.82s are from Heroes Models. It was painted with Mr.Color's, Vallejo's and Ammo's paints and washes. Cheers
  2. Here are a few more photos of the (few) progress made in the last weeks. I hope to share some more progress soon. Cheers
  3. Early stages of a Fw 190 F-8 being built as one of the few experimental R-3 variants (armed with two Rheinmetall-Borsig MK 103 30mm cannons). Besides the Tamiya kit, I am also using Eduard's p.e. set, Master cannons/pitot, True details wheels and the MK 103 are from an old Verlinden set. I hope to post more soon. Cheers
  4. This model was built more than 10 years ago, depicting a Israeli M4 A4(t) Sherman, during an Independence Day parade. I've used Dragon's kit, ShowModelling pe fret and other bits, scratch built or from the spares box. Cheers
  5. Here are a couple of photos of a model completed in late 2021. It is an early Merkava Mk.3, built using the 1:72 scale Revell kit. Cheers
  6. Finally completed! I had a few mishaps with the clear parts and tried to minimize the damage (brush coating them with gloss varnish) but after adding the small antenna wire I called it completed. Here are a few photos of the completed model: Cheers
  7. Thank you all for your kind comments. Here's a quick update! Decals are finally applied. The process was long as I ended up with some decals fragments on my fingers when I tried to do it in one go. I retouched the damaged decals and from then on, only applied a couple of decals at a time and left them to properly dry before applying the next batch. I still need to apply the propeller decals and add some subtle weathering before completing it. I hope to share some more progress soon! Cheers
  8. This is my first post in LSM and I am sharing some photos of the model presently seating in my bench (a very small scale model). It's Revell's 1:144 scale Hawkeye. I am using the decals included in the box and its boxart is clearly inspired by a photo you can easily find in wikipedia. This photo c~shows the aircraft with the new 8 bladed propeller and I got myself a set from RetroWings. The kit is pretty straightforward and is was quickly built (only the air intakes and exhausts required some special attention. The resin propellers did not have a very positive fit, so I built a simple jig, allowing me to set a consistent pitch for all blades. Before committing to glue any blade, I tested the fit between the propeller hub and the engine. The propeller hubs proved to be a bit to wide for the kit parts and I tried to slightly reduce their diameter, but as their axles are a bit off center it was impossible to simply turn them. I decided to turn my own parts on the mini-lathe, using brass rod. The fit was now much better (sorry for the poor photo, it was quickly snapped with my phone). Using a dividing head I could easily make the holes to fit the propeller blades. The airframe already got its base colours. I hope to post more soon. Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...