Jump to content
EVERYTHING UKRAINE GROUP BUILD IS NOW UNDERWAY.

marcopreto

Members
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marcopreto

  1. My love affair with this scale continues and the latest model to leave my bench was this minute Skyhawk, an A-4E in IAF colours, built using the 1:144 scale Eduard kit. The M.E.R. and the Mk.82s are from Heroes Models. It was painted with Mr.Color's, Vallejo's and Ammo's paints and washes. Cheers
  2. Here are a few more photos of the (few) progress made in the last weeks. I hope to share some more progress soon. Cheers
  3. Early stages of a Fw 190 F-8 being built as one of the few experimental R-3 variants (armed with two Rheinmetall-Borsig MK 103 30mm cannons). Besides the Tamiya kit, I am also using Eduard's p.e. set, Master cannons/pitot, True details wheels and the MK 103 are from an old Verlinden set. I hope to post more soon. Cheers
  4. This model was built more than 10 years ago, depicting a Israeli M4 A4(t) Sherman, during an Independence Day parade. I've used Dragon's kit, ShowModelling pe fret and other bits, scratch built or from the spares box. Cheers
  5. Here are a couple of photos of a model completed in late 2021. It is an early Merkava Mk.3, built using the 1:72 scale Revell kit. Cheers
  6. Finally completed! I had a few mishaps with the clear parts and tried to minimize the damage (brush coating them with gloss varnish) but after adding the small antenna wire I called it completed. Here are a few photos of the completed model: Cheers
  7. Thank you all for your kind comments. Here's a quick update! Decals are finally applied. The process was long as I ended up with some decals fragments on my fingers when I tried to do it in one go. I retouched the damaged decals and from then on, only applied a couple of decals at a time and left them to properly dry before applying the next batch. I still need to apply the propeller decals and add some subtle weathering before completing it. I hope to share some more progress soon! Cheers
  8. This is my first post in LSM and I am sharing some photos of the model presently seating in my bench (a very small scale model). It's Revell's 1:144 scale Hawkeye. I am using the decals included in the box and its boxart is clearly inspired by a photo you can easily find in wikipedia. This photo c~shows the aircraft with the new 8 bladed propeller and I got myself a set from RetroWings. The kit is pretty straightforward and is was quickly built (only the air intakes and exhausts required some special attention. The resin propellers did not have a very positive fit, so I built a simple jig, allowing me to set a consistent pitch for all blades. Before committing to glue any blade, I tested the fit between the propeller hub and the engine. The propeller hubs proved to be a bit to wide for the kit parts and I tried to slightly reduce their diameter, but as their axles are a bit off center it was impossible to simply turn them. I decided to turn my own parts on the mini-lathe, using brass rod. The fit was now much better (sorry for the poor photo, it was quickly snapped with my phone). Using a dividing head I could easily make the holes to fit the propeller blades. The airframe already got its base colours. I hope to post more soon. Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...