The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WNW & AM Kit Questions

theseeker

I am going to break down and get a WNW kit. After seeing the quality of the kits and the great builds, I can no longer resist!

I want to do a German aircraft that includes natural wood and lozenge, the Albatros seems to be the ticket. So I am curious what you guys recommend for the AM goodies and if the Albatros is a good kit to start with?

I have done rigging before, albeit on the large scale Hasegawa museum kits. I am sure that turnbuckles and rigging will be a bit more tedious in 1/32, so I need some guidance....please.

TIA,

Rocky

I built the albie ( finished it approx. month ago) and I'm having the Roland DVI in my hands at the moment, I can definately reccomend you the Roland over the albie!

For the after market - ushi's or HGW decals (unless you want to do the woodgrain in some other way), HGW belts + radiator PE + surface details PE (the rest of the superdetails set is really waste of money) and last but not least the Taurus parts for the engine - this is probably the AM that will add more details to your build than anything else!

Also if you go with lozenge colour scheme the wood and wire's(personal experience) or aviatic's (just from reviews, but its pretty new so I wasn't able to see it myself yet) lozenge decals are both way better than the WnW's lozenge.

Whatever your choice is - albie or roland or any other WnW model, with or without AM, I'm absolutely sure that yyou willl enjoy it greatly.

Good luck,

Sasho

I built the albie ( finished it approx. month ago) and I'm having the Roland DVI in my hands at the moment, I can definately reccomend you the Roland over the albie!

For the after market - ushi's or HGW decals (unless you want to do the woodgrain in some other way), HGW belts + radiator PE + surface details PE (the rest of the superdetails set is really waste of money) and last but not least the Taurus parts for the engine - this is probably the AM that will add more details to your build than anything else!

Also if you go with lozenge colour scheme the wood and wire's(personal experience) or aviatic's (just from reviews, but its pretty new so I wasn't able to see it myself yet) lozenge decals are both way better than the WnW's lozenge.

Whatever your choice is - albie or roland or any other WnW model, with or without AM, I'm absolutely sure that yyou willl enjoy it greatly.

Good luck,

Sasho

Many thanks Sasho! The Roland does look good and I appreciate the AM tips.

Taurus update sets too

Thanks James.

Rocky, first of all I just wanted to say congratulations on making the decision to get yourself a WNWs kit....you will NOT regret it.

No matter what route you take with aftermarket goodies just remember there are some very experienced and highly skilled guys here that should you require it can help you once the build gets underway.

Personally I dont know how I would have gotten as far as I have without the help of the guys here, never be afraid to ask.

Good luck with your choice of kit and indeed AM, cant wait to see you get underway with it.

Regards,

Martin.

Martin, yes the guys here are top notch and I have already learned a few new tricks!

Taurus's parts for the engine are quite remarkable.

Various valve, lifter and cam sets available, spark plugs and something I just bought - the very characteristic manifold attaching nuts - crenelated things - look great....

Matt