The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Oiled B-29 Engine

CANicoll

Found this picture on a thread.  Amazing the engine is even working!   Notice both top turrets are focused to the right.  I think this is over Osaka.

Yes, do have the 1/48 Monogram B-29 kit in my stash.  NO, not planning on building it anytime soon! 

image.thumb.jpeg.a5fde0900eda1ee427e12772cc801bce.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Found this picture on a thread.  Amazing the engine is even working!   Notice both top turrets are focused to the right.  I think this is over Osaka.

Yes, do have the 1/48 Monogram B-29 kit in my stash.  NO, not planning on building it anytime soon! 

image.thumb.jpeg.a5fde0900eda1ee427e12772cc801bce.jpeg

Nice pic.  Horrible kit really.  All of the turret barbettes are poorly shaped.  Raised panel lines.  Too little wing surface detail.  The bosses for the Hamilton Standard props are overly long...  and the canvas control surfaces are very heavily made.  Maybe I shouldn't say horrible...   Reshape the barbettes, and shorten the propeller bosses by 4mm...   then it's a blank canvas.  Just your kind of thing, Chris.

I foiled one a 6-7 years ago.  But my lack of scribing skills coupled with a poor knowledge of the bird made it hard to finish.  I searched all over online...   but nobody ever takes pics of the tops and bottoms of wings close enough for useful detailing.  I wasn't really in a position to buy a lot of books on it at the time.

• Like 3