The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1:32 Art Scale Kit Decals Mig-21

• Administrators

1:32

Art Scale Kit

Mig-21

IMG_1489.JPG

Several Sheets

Art Scale Kit (also known as ASK) is a model hobby shop but also a modelling tools producer, a resin 3D producer and also a Decal producer…

So It`s a name that is getting really quickly on the top of the modelling world and I`m lucky enough to have another bunch of decals for review.

Today, I´m going to review 5 (five) decal sheet from ASK.

All sets came in a ziplog bag, small A5 size sheet with profiles colors instructions steps how to apply ASK decals.

So let’s looks to the option schemes that all decal sheets offer.

But first, one detail that I loved about. In the applying instructions, in all sheets, theres`a real photo of one of the airplanes that are represented on the decal sheets. I really love that "bonus"

Mig-21 F-13 Fishbed – Part 4 – Izraeli Air Force

IMG_1502.JPG

Catalogue number200-D32078

Price: 11,60€

To order, click here.

This sheet have 3 schemes options quite different between.

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

A Mig-21 in Izraeli Air Force is quite unsual and for sure that would be a special show stopper or something to talk between modelers.

The options are:

- MiG-21F-13, no.007 (the plane obtained by the defection of the Syrian pilot. The aircraft was standing on alert at Hazor with the ORA Mirages of 101. Squadron, Izrael, Hatzor AF Base, June 1967).

- MiG-21F-13, no.007 (shortly before the aircraft was handed over to the USA, Hatzor AF Base, Izrael, April 1968.)

- MiG-21F-13, no.007 (exhibit of the Chazerim Aviation Muiseum in the Negev Desert, Izrae)

Mig-21F, MF Fishbed – part 1 – Royal Canadian Air Force 441, Squadron RCAF

IMG_1495.JPG

Catalogue number200-D32076

Price: 19,80€

To order, click here.

So, this sheet is quite sparkle.

A Mig-21 in Canadian colors? What? Even more surprised than with the anterior sheet.

But is in fact my fault not nothing about it.

Art Scale gives us a link for page will all the history:

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/cf-121-redhawk-program-the-true-story-behind-canadas-purchase-of-30-soviet-built-mig-21-fishbed-fighters/

I just love this little piece of history and I am already looking for a Mig-21 in 1:32!

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

The options schemes are:

- MiG-21F, 59-315, CF -121 Stratocaster, 441. Squadron Redhawk, base RCAF Gold Lake, Alberta, Canada 1960.

- MiG-21F, 59-328, CF -121 Stratocaster, 441. Squadron Redhawk, base RCAF Gold Lake, Alberta, Canada 1960. The planes in the Chatham camouflage.

- MiG-21MF, 59-322, CF -121 Stratocaster, 441. Squadron Redhawk, base RCAF Gold Lake, Alberta, Canada 1960.

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

Mig-21F Fishbed – part 2 – U.S. Air Force 4477.th TES (TAC) unit

IMG_1490.JPG

Catalogue number200-D32077

Price: 11,60€

To order, click here.

Here, 3 schemes are given:

- MiG-21F-13 (YF-110), no.80965 (ex Canadian 59-319), 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Tonopah Test Range Airfield, NV, 1960, U.S. Air Fore.

- MiG-21F-13 (YF-110), no.80955, 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Tonopah Test Range Airfield, NV, 1960, U.S. Air Force.

- MiG-21F-13 (YF-110), Red 85, 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Tonopah Test Range Airfield, NV, 1960, U.S. Air Force, flown by commander Lt Col Gail Peck.

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

This sheet also give you some unusual Mig-21 schemes. Two Americans Mig-21 and one in Soviet markings and camoflage but pilot by an American pilot.

This sheet gives you the possibility the build all 3 options schemes which is great!

Analyzing the decal sheets, the color registration is great and a very good definition of the details. The decals have a thin film, in fact looking very thin and delicate.

There is no indication where are they printed so I assume that will be in ASK house. The printing quality is quite good, as they are sharp, with outline very well defined. The color look quite good and spot on.

The instructions are the general ones that are applicable to all decals, it is always important to remember the general principles of decal application. In this case, there is no specific rule for applying these decals.

The profiles draws contains lots of information, with side view (both side) and top view with precise decal indication.

Conclusion:

Gotta love ASK endorsement and commitment to the modelling community in releasing these decals!!

There`s a lot to choose from and always with great printing and fantastic color pigmentation.

The location indication of the decals is quite good and very perceptible.

The decals as already said, have a very good colour registration, very thin, with minimum decal film, and they work quite nice!

And these Mig-2 are definitely different and will be a show stopper for sure.

My thanks to Art Scale for producing these fantastic decals.

ask_logo.png

Francisco Guedes

• Like 1