Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Damaged goods ... a happy ending :)

Artful69

A couple of weeks ago I placed an order with my UK based supplier ...

Revell kits are easier for me to buy from there because A) They have the new kits out for retail before most other suppliers I know, B ) Their prices are very good ... AND I don't have to pay VAT (being located in Australia), C) the total cost, including postage is usually cheaper than buying the kit from the 'Local' guys out here ... and ... D) it's delivered to my front door! ...

Every now and then this supplier has a stock of kits that, for what ever reason, I can't get my hands on elsewhere ...

Such was this order ... A 1/32 Trumpeter Bf109G-2 Trop ... and the all new Revell Bf109G-10 Erla.

Eagerly anticipating their arrival ... I was absolutely gutted :( when I arrived home to this earlier this afternoon

IMG_0389_zps6d14e3d7.jpg

IMG_0390_zps78ff43d8.jpg

IMG_0393_zpsaf952535.jpg

6e8e5029-6175-438e-8b8a-6ef4bc340b6e_zps

IMG_0391_zpsa8b711ed.jpg

The happy ending is in the response from the supplier :)

Having bought quite a few kits etc from them ... I sent these photo's via email ... and made a call to the UK ... within half an hour the supplier confirmed the replacement kit for the Revell would be sent ASAP - in better protected packaging!

Thanks Danielle and Nick @ Model Hobbies ... always a pleasure ... especially when the sewerage hits the propulsion device!!

Regards

Rog :)

Guest jimmydel

Good resolution...was there any real damage to the contents of the boxes? Not that it matters...you should expect better...lol. It'd be nice if Revell would use better boxes though.

Good resolution...was there any real damage to the contents of the boxes? Not that it matters...you should expect better...lol. It'd be nice if Revell would use better boxes though.

Good question! ...

I haven't had chance to examine the sprues in detail yet ... the sprue bags had experienced a fair bit of rub and some puncture marks where the plastic parts where sharp in those areas ... the kit may very well be buildable! ... It might sound anal ... but it's the sort of kit that I would be expecting to find being 20 years old on e-bay (ie: second hand and not having a good life!) ... At least I know I couldn't sell it onward if I needed to ...

I told them that I could live with the Trumpeter kit as the condition isn't really all that bad at all ...

Since I indended to purchase another 109G Erla at some point, I've pushed that forward ... bought and paid for that - including the postage I would have normally paid ... They will be sending the replacement along with that one :)

Rog :)

• Like 1