The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

3 more added to my miniscule stash

PTW6187

I got a heck'uva deal on these three at the Tulsa IPMS show yesterday. Wile I didn't place I had a lot of fun and saw somwe great builds. Ill show pics of the show later but for now my new treasures...

IMG_41401_zps3dc69ee5.jpg

IMG_41411_zpsb3932265.jpg

IMG_41391_zps05f2d011.jpg

Ill set that TBM out to be a Marlin change the paint of the AD-1 to something more SEA and the spit will be a recer.

• Like 3

Paul- Be sure to do your research. The "Spad" you have is an early version, Korean war era. As SEA (South East Asia) is usually related to the Vietnam war time frame the type flown then would include -H's and -J's. But then again, their your kits. Do as you wish as long as you have fun doing them. 

BTW- There is nothing wrong with a minuscule stash. Most of us here wish our's was that. I am to the point where I have convinced myself and tell others that I collect models and once in a while i actually will build one.

• Like 1

Paul, I have already asked a "Spad" mechanic and he informed me that the basic differences i n the airframe are the armor plating on the underside of the fuse and some of the antenna. This guy flies for the local C.A.P. and used to wrench on them for a number of years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I found the Trumpeter prop to be too skinny for my tastes. I approached Zoukei-Mura and asked if I could purchase the prop sprue from their A-1H/J. That was no problem but did cost me around $25,- with postage or something. Might be an idea if you feel the same.