The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Barracuda Studios 1/32 Bf 109G-10 and K-4 Oil Cooler Fairing (BR32160)

Mikester

• Members

Barracuda Studios Bf 109G-10 and K-4 Oil Cooler Fairing (BR32160)

Catalog # BR32160
Available from Barracuda Studios for $5.95 US

003_zpsafde0c3e.jpg

This set from Barracuda upgrades the oil cooler that is included in the kit, which suffers from being a bit slab-sided.  The Erla production G-10 featured several visual cues that set it apart from G-10s produced my MTT Regensburg and WNF.  One of these was the oil cooler which was both wider and more shallow than the aircraft produced by the other factories.  Erla is purported to have built a small number of K-4s but photos of these are incredibly elusive.  I would suspect that this would be the correct oil cooler to use if you were fortunate to come across a photo of one these rare birds and wanted to model it.

Bf_109_G-10_nr_3_utv_12_zps7f0e33a9.jpg

017_zpsa34bcc1a.jpg

018_zps189a6f09.jpg

The two piece set is cast in cream colored resin, with the exit flap being provided a separate part..  Casting, as usual, is sharp and free of any defects or flaws. 

019_zpsc4e7b51a.jpg

Unfortunately, the only comparison photo I have to offer is the one installed on my in-progress Revell G-10.  Hopefully you can discern the difference in shapes from the photo.

So what's the verdict?

Another high quality, inexpensive product from Barracuda Studios that will help make your Erla G-10 more accurate.  I like it!

Very Highly Recommended

Review copy courtesy of my wallet.

If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase this product, please tell them you read about it at Large Scale Modeller!